This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Imperfect Foods is offering new customers $20 off their first order when they use a referral link. The grocery delivery service also has a referral program where you get a $10 – $20 bonus credit for every friend that signs up. Each of your referrals will also enjoy a $10 – $20 bonus credit. Find more referral deals here.
Imperfect Foods was created in an effort to eliminate food waste and build a better food system for everyone. They source foods that might otherwise go to waste and deliver it straight to your door for up to 30% less than what grocery stores charge. At Imperfect Foods, you’ll find produce and pantry items, as well as eggs and dairy products. For more on Imperfect Foods and their current offers, keep reading.
$20 Off Your First Imperfect Foods Order
Get a $20 discount on your first Imperfect Foods purchase when you use a referral link to register. Your welcome bonus will automatically apply at checkout.
We don’t currently have a referral link to share. But, here are some you can try:
Imperfect Foods Give $10/$20, Get $10/$20 Referrals
Get a $10/$20 bonus credit for every friend that signs up for Imperfect Foods with your special referral link. Each of your referrals will also get a $10/$20 bonus credit with your invite. To participate:
- Log into your Imperfect Foods account.
- Click “Refer Friends” on the left-hand menu (website) or from the drop-down menu (mobile).
- Choose your sharing method – email, Facebook, Messenger – or copy your special referral link and share it wherever.
There’s no limit to how many friends you can refer.
How Imperfect Foods Works
With 40% of the food in the United States left uneaten and 20 billion pounds of fresh produce unharvested or unsold every year, Imperfect Foods is on a mission to reduce food waste. They sell perfectly good food that doesn’t end up on the shelves because of the following “issues”:
- Cosmetic. The food doesn’t look beautiful, like scarred fruits and vegetables, almonds with minor damage on the skin and blemished apples because of a rough winter. They might not look perfect, but they taste great.
- Off-Spec. The food that doesn’t meet the strict specifications set by buyers, usually because of the way it’s harvested or packaged.
- Surplus/Excess Inventory. The farmer ends up with too much food, because the harvest was overly bountiful, production was over-forecasted, the market was flooded or the buyer backed out of a large order.
- Undervalued. There isn’t enough demand for the food. For example, broccoli leaves are edible, healthy and delicious, but it often gets left in the field because broccoli crowns are what sells.
- Packaging Change. When a brand changes their look, the food in the old packaging often gets left in the dust.
- Short Coded. The food has an expiration date less than a few months away. Traditional retail stores avoid stocking these items.
Every Imperfect Foods delivery begins with a starter option (small/medium/large and conventional/organic). When you place your order, you can keep, add or remove produce as you wish, as well as add grocery staples, snacks and other pantry items, before completing your purchase. Depending on your starter option, you’ll be paying $11 to $43 per order, plus a $4.99 to $5.99 delivery fee.
Imperfect Foods currently delivers to most of the West South Central region, Midwest, Northeast and all along the West Coast.
If you live in an area where Imperfect Foods delivers, you might want to consider ordering your groceries from them. It’s an easy way to get fresh fruits, vegetables and other food items that taste great, but at up to 30% off what your local grocery store charges.