Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
The Hilton Honors American Express Card is 1 of several credit cards offered by American Express that are affiliated with The Hilton Group. This card doesn’t have an annual fee (see Rates & Fees here) and currently has an offer for up to 130,000 bonus points. You earn 80k points when you spend $1,000 within the first 3 months plus another 50k opints when you spend $5,000 in the first 6 months. We value the 130k total bonus points at around $780.
It is a good supplementary card to have in your possession only if you tend to be loyal to the Hilton Portfolio of hotels. As a general credit card, it doesn’t offer the most bang for your buck in terms of rewards rates.
The other Hilton Honors cards include:
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card – a good choice for those who stay roughly 20-25 nights during the calendar year.
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card – a good choice for those who will take advantage of all the premium perks and credits.
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card – a good choice for business owners and is most similar to the Surpass Card in terms of annual benefits.
The Hilton Honors Card Up To 130,000 Bonus Points Offer
Not a bad offer at all for a card with no annual fee, when you redeem towards free hotel nights. You can earn up to 130,000 bonus points. You earn 80k points after you spend $1,000 in purchases on the card within your first 3 months and an additional 50k points after you spend $5,000 within the first 6 months. A $1,000 minimum spending requirement should be easy to accomplish but you may need help with the next $5,000. Here are some tips on meeting the requirement if needed.
Hilton Honors Card From American Express Pros & Cons
- The Rewards.
- Redeem points for hotel stays, airfare, car rentals, cruises, shopping, dining or charity
- Points don’t expire as long as you use the card at least once every 12 months
- No limit on number of points you can earn
- Use partial points to book rewards
- Use points to upgrade a reservation
- Can transfer points to 40+ airline partners
- No Annual Fee. A definite plus point for this card is that there is no annual fee to pay.
- ShopRunner. If you do a fair amount of shopping online, you may have come across the ShopRunner service, where you’ll get free 2-day shipping on eligible items at a growing network of 140+ online stores. Your ShopRunner membership is free with the Hilton Honors Card.
- Limited Rewards Categories. The three rewards categories are U.S. Gas Stations, U.S. Restaurants, and U.S. Supermarkets. Using your card for other purchases, the rewards rate will be lower.
- Only worthwhile if you stay with Hilton Portfolio Hotels. The rewards scheme on this card is only beneficial if you are someone who regularly stays at properties within the Hilton Portfolio.
As with any other hotel branded credit card, the Hilton Honors Card from American Express only makes sense to carry if you’re particularly loyal to the Hilton Portfolio. The good news is you can earn rewards at your own pace as there is no annual fee to weigh in.
What’s The Competition?
There are many other cards available that offer no annual fee and give you back more flexible rewards, such as cash back.
|OFFER LINK||OFFER||OUR REVIEW|
|Chase Business Complete Banking℠||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$225 Cash||Review|
|Chase Secure Banking℠||$100 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience Checking℠||$150 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking||$450 Cash||Review|
|Axos Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Checking||$150/$200 Cash||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up To $3,000||Review|
|Betterment||Up To 1 Year Free||Review|
|BlockFi||Up To $250 BTC||Review|
|Voyager (code BH5F1A)||$25 In BTC||Review|
|Coinbase||$10 In BTC||Review|
|Motley Fool||Stock Advisor Discount||Review|