Curve (curve.com) is welcoming beta users with a 1% cash back bonus for your first six months (referral link required). You can also earn a 10% cash back bonus for your first six months if you refer enough people to make it to one of the top 100 spots on the waitlist. For every person you successfully refer, you move up 50 spots.
Curve simplifies your financial life by connecting your different card accounts onto one single app and one single smartcard. You’ll only need your Curve Card when you’re out and about, you won’t have to deal with hidden currency fees, and you’ll be able to pay bills with your credit card. Keep reading to learn more about Curve and their current offers.
Curve 10% Cash Back Referral Program
Curve is giving an extra 10% cashback for your first six months as a member, but only to the top 100 people on their waitlist. For every person who signs up for beta with your unique referral link, Curve will bump you up 50 spots.
[Expired] Curve 1% Cash Back Beta Offer
When members join Curve, they automatically get 1% cash back on all Curve purchases for their first 30 days (up to a maximum of £20 in cashback). Already available in 31 countries, the British company is now making their way to the United States and is bumping up that welcome offer another 1% for your first six months. That’s ON TOP of the rewards you already get with your underlying payment cards.
This offer applies to all beta users. To join the waitlist, use this referral link.
The Curve Card and App is a powerful duo. By linking all of your credit and debit cards to the Curve debit smartcard, you can easily use just one card for all your purchases. There’s no need to carry around all your cards in your wallet, and you only need to remember one PIN. Here’s how it works:
- Your Curve Card is linked to an account which stores e-money, and your payment cards are used to fund this e-money account.
- When you use the Curve Card, you’re actually purchasing e-money for the value of the transaction using the underlying payment card.
- This e-money is loaded onto the account linked to your Curve Card, and then immediately used to pay the transaction.
- All transactions made with your Curve Card are classified as eCommerce or online transactions, with “Curve” as the merchant. Transactions will appear on your statement as “CRV – Merchant Name.”
- The card issuer will also receive the Merchant Category Code (MCC), so they can identify your spend categories (utilities, clothing, groceries, etc.), and they will also see if the transaction was a cash withdrawal.
Because Curve is not a bank, there is no Curve bank account. That also means there are no currencies to choose from for your e-money account. You can link all your existing Mastercard, Visa and Discover cards to the Curve Card, regardless of supported currency, including:
We like that the Curve Card:
- Is accepted worldwide. Use your Curve Card anywhere that takes Mastercard.
- Provides Curve Cash rewards. Earn 1% cash back with partner retailers for your first 6 months (with referral). Refer friends to keep the cashback flowing.
- Pays your bills. Even if you can’t normally pay those bills with regular credit cards.
- Pays with your smartphone. Compatible with Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay.
- Supports loyalty cards. So you don’t have to carry those with you either.
- Has fair exchange rates. This applies to all underlying payment cards.
- Free ATM withdrawals abroad. That’s right, withdraw cash internationally, for free (limits apply).
- Has no foreign transaction fees. You don’t have to worry about additional charges when you spend abroad, no matter what underlying payment card you use.
- Protected by Mastercard Chargeback.
Not to be outshined, the Curve App also plenty of great features as well:
- Instant alerts. Get spending notifications in real time, in your choice currency.
- Lock card. Instantly freeze your Curve Card if it gets lost or stolen.
- Spending categories. Easily make sense of your spending with automatic, color-coded categories.
- Send money. Instantly transfer funds to other Curve users.
- “Insights.” Concise, detailed information regarding your monthly spending behavior, including top categories for personal spending, top categories for business spending, and top cards used.
- “Anti-Embarrassment Mode.” Avoid awkward declines. If your underlying payment card doesn’t go through, Curve will automatically try your chosen backup card.
- “Go Back in Time.” If you paid with the wrong underlying card, you can go back in time and switch the card, for up to 90 days after the transaction.
Curve also offers a specific version for accountants and businesses to keep track of expenses with ease. The app will automatically send information – transactions, VAT and digitized receipts – to Xero, letting you view relevant information from your Xero account.
Curve provides e-money services in the United Kingdom and Europe, and they’ll soon make their way to the United States. Members can aggregate multiple credit and debit cards onto the Curve Card for easy spending, with attractive cashback and travel features. We recommend Curve to those who want an easier way to manage all their cards and to those who travel often. Sign up for beta with this referral link to get 1% cashback for your first six months as a Curve member.
If you’re looking for a travel-friendly digital banking service, consider Wise or Revolut. You’ll get to spend abroad with little to no fees and have the same instant spending notifications as you do with Curve.
READ MORE: SEE THE BEST BANK BONUSES HERE AND THE BEST INVESTING BONUSES HERE.
Leave a Reply