The Citi Premier® Card has a sign-up bonus offer for 60,000 bonus ThankYou Points after making $4,000 in purchases with your card within the first 3 months of account opening. Here are some ideas on meeting the spending requirement. These points are worth $600 in gift cards through Citi. Get even more value with these ThankYou Points by using Citi’s transfer partners – up to about $1,020 in value (1.7 cents per point). Compare with other card bonuses here.
The Citi Premier Card is an average travel rewards card. The welcome bonus is a nice touch, but the perks fall a bit short. Limitations include:
- Annual fee. With the card’s lack of strong perks, the $95 annual fee is more difficult to justify.
- Complicated rewards structure. To get the maximum value for your points, you’ll need to transfer your points or do some serious strategizing.
- Weak transfer partners. JetBlue is the only domestic carrier you can transfer points to. You’re also looking at a 1,000 ThankYou points to 800 TrueBlue points transfer ratio, which is less than ideal.
Do you spend a lot on travel, gas, restaurants and supermarkets? Looking for points you can redeem for travel? Then the Citi Premier Card is worth consideration. Otherwise, consider another travel credit card.
*Citi also has great bonuses for their Checking/Savings accounts.
Top/Trending Offers You May Like
- BMO Harris $200 & $350 Bonuses
- Chase Business Checking $300 Bonus
- Bank Of America $100 Bonus Offer
- Chase Total Checking® $200 Bonus
- TD Beyond Checking $300 Bonus
- HSBC Premier Checking $500 Bonus
- Aspiration Checking $150/$200 Bonus
- J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing $625 Cash
- Ally Invest Up To $3,000 Bonus
- Axos $100/$200 Checking & Savings Bonuses
- TradeStation Cash & Crypto Offers