Best Egg is an online lending platform that offers loans up to $35,000 with rates as low as 5.99%. Since 2014, it has originated over $5 billion in loans to more than 350,000 borrowers. Definitely not the norm, Best Egg lets borrowers take out two loans at the same time , if qualified. Find out more about Best Egg personal loans below: the good, the bad and my breakdown.
About Best Egg
|Credit History||7 years|
- No collateral required. Don’t own a house? It’s not going to be an issue here.
- Simple application process. Just head over to Best Egg’s website and apply online.
- Soft credit check. The initial credit check won’t affect your credit score, but if your loan is approved, a hard inquiry will show up on your report.
- Quick funding. It can take as little as one business day, if approved.
- Flexible fund use. A personal loan through Best Egg can be used for debt consolidation, credit card refinancing, home improvement, moving expenses, vacation and more!
- Competitive fixed rate. With excellent credit, your APR could be as low as 5.99%, and that won’t budge for the entire duration of your loan term.
- No prepayment penalty. So you can pay that loan of yours back as quick as possible!
- Intuitive tools. They’re designed to put you in control. Customizing your loan is easy, and managing your loan is a breeze with multiple payment options. These self-service and easy-to-use tools are available to you 24/7.
- Borrow twice. If you’re thinking about taking out a second loan with Best Egg, make sure your first loan is at least six months old and that you haven’t missed any payments. The total amount of both loans must not exceed $50,000.
- Not available in all states. You can’t apply for a Best Egg personal loan if you live in Iowa, West Virginia, Vermont, Puerto Rico or Guam.
- Only 2 fixed term lengths. You’re limited between either a 3 year term or a 5 year term.
- Origination fee. There is an administration fee which can range from 0.99% to 5.99%.
- Processing fee. You will be subject to a $7 fee per payment if you’re not enrolled in automatic payments.
- Late payment fee. If you miss your payment by more than 3 days, Best Egg will charge you a $15 late fee.
- NSF fee. If your payment is rejected, you’ll have to pay $15 per unsuccessful transaction.
Applicants must have a minimum credit score of 640; average is 700. You must also have at least three years of credit history with a minimum of three open credit accounts. The minimum annual income isn’t specified, but the average is $80,000. The debt-to-income ratio is also not specified, but is typically less than 35%.
Best Egg Terms & Fees
|Loan Amounts||$2,000 – $35,000 (Some customers may receive mail offers for loans up to $50,000)|
|Loan Terms||3 or 5 years|
|Origination Fee||0.99% to 5.99%|
|Funding Time||As little as one business day|
|APR||5.99% – 29.99%|
|No AutoPay Fee||$7 per payment|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|NSF Payment Fee||$15|
If you meet Best Egg’s lofty income and credit requirements, it could be a good option, especially if you need the funds quickly. The online application requires a soft credit check, which won’t hurt your credit score. You can use your funds for just about anything. Your rates are fixed for the entire length of the loan term, and there’s no penalty for early payment. Unique to Best Egg are its intuitive online tools and your ability to borrow twice.
|Loan Term||36 months|
|Origination Fee (3%)||$450|
Unfortunately, you can only choose between two term lengths, 3 or 5 years. If you live in Iowa, West Virginia, Vermont, Puerto Rico or Guam, you can’t apply for a Best Egg personal loan. If you do choose to apply, please keep in mind there is a 0.99% to 5.99% origination fee and your rates may be as high as 29.99%. If you get approved, be well aware of Best Egg’s fee schedule.
- OppLoans Review & $50 Referral Bonus Promotion
- Best Personal Loan Lenders For June 2022 – LightStream, SoFi Or Prosper?
- SoFi Review: $5,000 To $100,000 Personal Loans
- Happy Money (The Payoff Loan): Personal Loans For High-Interest Credit Card Debt
- FreedomPlus Review: Great For Debt Consolidation
- Earnin Promotions: $10 Welcome Bonus & Referrals
- Splash Financial Promotion: Get A $300 Bonus Offer
- Nexo (nexo.io) Promotions: $25 Bonus & Give $25, Get $25 Referral Program
- Credible.com Promotions: Give $200, Get $500 Student Loan Refinancing Offer
- SALT Lending Crypto-Backed Loans Promotions: $50 First-Loan Bonus & Give $50, Get $50 Referrals
- SeedFi Review: A Cheap Way To Borrow, Save and Build Credit
- SoFi Student Loan Refinancing – $300 Offer, Low Rates, Flexible Terms
- LendKey Promotions: $200 Bonus For You And Your Referrals
- LendKey Student Loan Refinancing Review: Multiple Offers At Once
- Brigit Cash Advance Review: Get Up To $250 Instantly & Build Credit
Top/Trending Offers You May Like
- Chase Business Checking $300 Bonus
- Bank Of America $100 Bonus Offer
- Chase Total Checking® $200 Bonus
- BMO Harris Up to $500 Bonus
- TD Beyond Checking $300 Bonus
- HSBC Premier Checking $500 Bonus
- Aspiration Checking $150/$200 Bonus
- J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing $625 Cash
- Ally Invest Up To $3,000 Bonus
- Axos $100/$200 Checking Bonuses
- TradeStation Cash & Crypto Offers