- Editor Rating
- Rated 4.5 stars
- Santander Bank Promotions
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- PopularityEditor: 85%
- ValueEditor: 95%
Read about current Santander Bank bonuses and promotions here.
Santander Bank has branches in the following states: Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island.
Typical bonus amounts have been for $125, $150, $200, $225, $240, $300, $400, $500,etc.
Santander Bank has been running bonus offers for their Checking, Savings, and Business accounts for years.
Get the latest offers below.
Santander Bank Personal Checking $225 Bonus
Open a new eligible personal checking account with Santander bank to receive this $225 bonus (this is an increase from the previous offer). Direct Deposit is required for this offer.
- $225 bonus offer expires 06/30/2017
- Eligible accounts include the Simply Right Checking, Basic Checking, and Premier Plus Checking.
- Offer is available nationwide.
- The minimum opening deposit is $25 for Basic Checking, $25 for Simply Right Checking, and $50 for Premier Plus Checking.
- Application triggers a Soft Pull, which doesn’t affect your credit.
- You can fund the opening deposit with a credit card up to $1,000.
- Direct Deposit is required for the bonus. *See ways to trigger a Direct Deposit.
How To Get Your $225 Bonus
- Use the offer link to register your information to receive an email to bring into a nearby branch. Alternatively, you can go to this offer page to apply online or also receive a coupon code. The online promo code is: SPRING225.
- Open an eligible account online or open at a local branch using the promo coupon.
- Within the first 90 days, have direct deposits totaling $500 or more.
- Keep your account open for at least 90 days.
- Once requirements are met, you’ll receive the $225 bonus within 30 days.
- Offer is not available to current or former Santander customers who had a Santander checking account between 01/01/2016 – 12/31/2016 and cannot be combined with other offers.
- Bonus is considered interest and will be reported to IRS on Form 1099-INT.
- Direct deposits include deposits made by your employer or a federal or state government agency or retirement benefits administrator and generally payments made by corporations or other organizations. It does not include deposits to your Account that are made by an individual using online banking or an Internet payment provider such as PayPal. *More tips on this here.
Waive The Monthly Service Fee
The Basic Checking account has a fixed $3 Monthly Fee that can’t be waived.
Simply Right Checking $10 monthly fee – waived when you make any financial transaction that posts during the calendar month. Includes deposits, withdrawals, transfers or payments. Excludes fees, rebates or adjustments posted by Santander.
Premier Plus Checking $35 monthly fee – waive with $6,000 in total direct deposits or $75,000 in combined balances in deposits** and investments held with Santander Investment Services during the service fee period.
While the Basic Checking account only has a $3 Monthly Fee, I’d recommend going for the Simply Right Checking account since the $10 monthly fee is so easy to waive. All you need to do is make any type of financial transaction that posts for that month to waive the fee.
Santander Business Checking $750 Total Cash Bonus
Open a new Business Checking or Business Checking Plus account with Santander bank and earn a $250 bonus by meeting the requirements, which doesn’t involve direct deposit. You can also choose to earn a $500 cash bonus for a new Santander Merchant Services account, or combine the two offers for a $750 total bonus.
- Bonus offers set to expire 06/30/2017
- Alternative link for the $250 cash bonus offer only
- Business Checking or Business Checking Plus account is eligible for the $250 bonus. A Santander Merchant Services Account is required for the $500 bonus.
- Direct Deposit isn’t a requirement
- Competitor Business Banking bonuses: SunTrust, PNC, Bank of America
- Monthly Fees can be waived (details below)
- Offer available nationwide
- Application triggers a Soft Pull, which doesn’t affect your credit
How To Get The $250 Bonus
- First, you must be a business with revenues up to but not exceeding $3,000,000.
- Your business must not currently have nor have had any business checking account with Santander Bank in the last 12 months.
- Open a new Business Checking or new Business Checking Plus account before the expiration date, and keep it open for at least 90 days.
- Maintain an average daily ledger balance of $1,000 or more for the first 90 days after account opening.
- The business checking account must be open and not have a negative balance to receive the $250 cash bonus at the time of fulfillment.
- You will receive a $250 cash bonus in your new Santander checking account within 30 days of meeting all offer requirements.
- Your promotion code must be entered during new account opening to receive this offer.
- They report the $250 bonus to the IRS as interest for the year in which it is received.
- One $250 cash bonus per business entity as identified by Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN).
- This offer cannot be combined with any other cash offers.
How To Get The $500 Bonus
- To receive the $500 merchant bonus, your business must not currently have, nor have had, any Santander Merchant Services account in the last 12 months, and your business must do all of the following:
- Open a new merchant processing account with Santander Merchant Services, powered by First Data, between 04/01/17 and 06/30/17 and keep it open for 90 days
- Link your new Santander Merchant Services processing account to your Santander business checking account; and
- Receive 2 or more Santander Merchant Services payments into your Santander business checking account within 90 days.
- You will receive a $500 bonus in your linked Santander business checking account within 30 days of meeting all offer requirements.
- One $500 cash incentive per business entity as identified by Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN).
Waive The Monthly Fee
- Business Checking $15 – waive with $5,000 average daily checking account balance, OR $10,000 combined business deposit balances, OR make three debit card purchases with your Santander Business Debit MasterCard, OR Receive one or more Santander Merchant Services payments deposited into the account, OR Receive $50 or more in Account Analysis service fees.
- Business Plus Checking $50 – waive with $40,000 average daily checking account balance, OR $60,000 combined business deposit balances, OR Receive one or more Santander Merchant Services payments deposited into the account, OR Receive $50 or more in Account Analysis service fees.
Next Page: More Santander Bank Checking And Savings Promotions…