PayHub, partnered with SignaPay, is a payment gateway and merchant account provider. Originally two separate companies, the two are now one single entity. While SignaPay has a focus on providing merchant accounts, PayHub features an integrated payments platform as its primary product.
The two companies continue to have separate websites, and it is possible to use PayHub without having to sign up for a SignaPay merchant account. Along the same lines, traditional retailers might consider SignaPay’s services, with no need for PayHub’s product which is designed for eCommerce.
SignaPay and PayHub offer pretty much all the basic products and services merchants will need for their business, including:
- Merchant Accounts. SignaPay provides this feature as a reseller for larger processing companies. It currently offers merchant accounts via First Data, Elavon and TSYS Merchant Solutions.
- Virtual Terminal. Regardless of how you accept payment, all payment and customer data transfers to your Virtual Hub, PayHub’s online reporting system. It’s a browser-based virtual terminal that’s capable of managing and tracking customer details, billing on a recurring basis, customizing receipts, managing multiple users and preventing fraud and risk.
- Mobile Hub. You can access your Virtual Hub through the PayHub Mobile Hub app, available for iOS and Android phones or tablets. To process payments, you have the option to key in the transaction or by using a card swiper that plugs into a headphone jack.
- Payment Gateway. PayHub’s proprietary payment gateway is called, “PayHub Plus.” It features integrated analytics and reporting, tokenization, hosted payment page options and support for recurring billing.
- Web Checkout. This feature lets you easily integrate payments into your website by generating payment buttons and forms. It’s a simple solution, but for most merchants, it’s all you’ll need. There’s no additional cost and no limit to how many buttons you can build.
- Shopping Cart Plugins. PayHub offers a variety of shopping cart plugins so you can accept payments online easier. All you have to do is integrate your site’s current software with PayHub, then connect directly to the payment gateway. You’ll be able to log all your transactions and payments through the virtual hub without fiddling with your current shopping cart setup. Popular compatible shopping carts include WooCommerce, OpenCart, PrestaShop, Magento and Zen Cart.
- Mobile Payments. Swipe or manually enter credit cards and track cash transactions with Mobile Hub and PayHub’s encrypted swiper. A Bluetooth printer is available if you want to print white-labeled receipts with your business information and company logo.
PayHub explains its rates and pricing plans in detail on its Pricing page online. The company offers the following standardized plans:
|Monthly Fee||From $9.95/month|
|Includes:||Mobile payments, payment gateway, recurring payments, secure checkout, payment tokenization, virtual terminal, cloud reporting, and live support.|
|Flat Pricing Plan (Gateway + Merchant Account)|
|Per-Transaction Fee||2.79% + $0.25|
|Includes:||All Gateway Plan features plus credit card processing.|
|Interchange-Plus Plan (Gateway + Merchant Account)|
|Per-Transaction Fee||Interchange + 0.40% + 0.10%|
|Includes:||All Gateway Plan features plus credit card processing and flexible pricing.|
Customer Support & Satisfaction
PayHub offers customer support through SignaPay, via telephone from 8 am to 6 pm CST, Monday through Friday. For off-hour support, the company provides contact information for its backend processors on its website. If you need help with something that’s not urgent, you can also reach customer support via email.
Both SignaPay and PayHub have separate company profiles on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website. Not yet accredited by the BBB, PayHub currently holds an A+ rating. Of the few complaints listed, the majority of merchants experienced difficulty closing their accounts.
Contract & Closing
If you sign up for one of PayHub’s subscription plans, you’ll be put on a month-to-month contract with no early termination fee (ETF). You will still need to provide at least a 30-day written notice to close your account. Make sure to read your contract thoroughly for any other closing requirements.
While PayHub’s Virtual Hub and Flat Pricing Plan is all you need as an eCommerce-only merchant, traditional retailers will need more functional features. That means a full-blown merchant account with SignaPay. Although I recommend PayHub for eCommerce businesses, I think you can do better than SignaPay if you’re a traditional retail merchant. Make sure to shop around and negotiate to get the best possible rates and terms.
For a full direct processor option, consider Chase Payment Solutions. They have options for all merchants from low to high volume. A good mobile credit card processor for low to moderate volume to look at is Square.
- Chase Payment Solutions Review (Credit Card Processing)
- VertoFX Promotions: $100 Referral Bonus Credits
- Helcim All-In-One Merchant Platform & Credit Card Processing Review
- Best Credit Card Processing / Merchant Services Providers 2022
- Chase Payment Solutions vs. Square: Which Card Processor Is Better For Your Business?
- Sam’s Club Merchant Services Review: Products & Services By First Data
- Chase Payment Solutions Vs. Fattmerchant For Credit Card Processing
- Chase Payment Solutions Vs. Stripe For Credit Card Processing
- Chase Payment Solutions vs. Dharma Merchant Services For Your Business
- Chase Payment Solutions vs. PayPal: Which Payment Processor Is Better For Your Business?
- Bill.com Accounts Receivable & Payable Promotions: $100 Referral Bonuses
- Melio Payments Promotions: $500 Accountant & Bookkeeper Referral Bonuses & $200 Small Business Referral Bonuses
- Intuit QuickBooks Payments Review: Seamless Integration With Quickbooks
- Google Pay Promotions: $1-$5 Cash Back On 1st Payment, $1-$10 Referral Bonuses
- Fattmerchant Review: Subscription-Based Wholesale Pricing
- Payline Data Review: A Great Overall Payment Processor
- Square Review: Credit Card Processing For Low-Volume Merchants
- National Processing Review: Great Bare Bones Provider
- Dharma Merchant Services Review: Honest & Ethical Card Processing
- Stripe Payments Review: Online Credit Card Processing With Free API
- National Bankcard Review: A Good Overall Credit Card Processor
- Amazon Pay Review: Great For Merchants Already Selling With Amazon
- PayPal Here Review: Great For Mobile Merchants
- Flagship Merchant Services Review: Low Cost & Month-To-Month
- PayJunction Review: Paperless For Eco-Conscious Merchants
- Payment Depot Review: Flat Fee Per Transaction & 0% Markup
- WePay Review: Designed For eCommerce & Crowdfunding
- CreditCardProcessing.com Review: Full Range Of Payment Plans & Equipment
- Braintree Review: An Online Credit Card Processor From PayPal
- PayHub Review: Excellent For Ecommerce With Quality Customer Service
- Shopify Review: A One-Stop Shop For Ecommerce Merchants
- CDGcommerce Review: Keep Your Processing Costs To A Minimum
- Authorize.net Review: A Gateway Provider With Robust Fraud Protection