This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Chase Payment Solutions (formerly Chase Merchant Services) is the credit card processing arm of Chase for Business, serving small and medium-sized businesses. Since 1985, the company has grown to become one of the largest credit card processors globally. They handle more than $1 trillion in transactions every year.
Chase works with merchants of all shapes and sizes, from retail to restaurant and professional services, from mom-and-pop shops to international corporations.
Chase Payment Solutions is an economical merchant service solution for many businesses, with processing charges as low as 2.6% + 10 cents per transaction. It is especially advantageous for businesses using a Chase business checking account, where funds can be received as soon as same day.
In A Nutshell
You can choose a month-to-month contract with published pricing and no Early Termination Fee. Or, negotiate for Interchange Plus pricing if you’re high volume.
|Features & Fees||Details|
|Processing Solutions||Retail, services, restaurants, and healthcare|
Online, virtual terminals & mobile
|Pricing Types||Tiered, Interchange Plus (by request)|
|Retail Fees||2.6% rate +10¢ per tap, dip and swiped transaction. 2.90% + 25¢ per ecommerce transaction. 3.5% rate +10¢ per keyed transaction|
|Early Termination Fee||None (month-to-month contract)|
- Never miss a sale with powerful new ways to accept credit cards, anytime, anywhere. Accept payments multiple ways – in person, online, or over the phone
- Fast funding at no additional cost. Get deposits as soon as the same day1
- Enjoy fair and transparent pricing with no hidden or monthly fees. 2.6% rate +10¢ per tap, dip and swiped transaction. 2.90% + 25¢ per ecommerce transaction. 3.5% rate +10¢ per keyed transaction2
- Support when you need it – Chase Payment Solutions representatives are available 24/7/365
- Trusted security – As technology advances, our industry-leading systems help keep your payments safe
- Accept cards in person – Take payments quickly with our easy to use point-of-sale devices and mobile app3
- Accept cards online or over the phone – Choose from pre-built payment integrations with leading eCommerce platforms, virtual terminal and a payment gateway
- Over 5 million businesses of all types and sizes trust financial solutions from Chase4
Chase Payment Solutions Features
Chase Payment Solutions is a full-service direct processor. This means the company will manage your merchant account as well as process your transactions. Should any problems come up, like account freezes and chargebacks, you only have to call one company instead of two.
Chase Payment Solutions provides you with:
- 24/7/365 Chase customer support
- Next-business-day funding with a Chase business checking account (click link for promotions)
- No monthly or hidden fees and no long-term contracts
In Person Payments
For accepting in person payments, Chase Payment Solutions works with all of the following solutions:
- Countertop Terminals:
- Mobile Wallet Ready – Compatible with Apple Pay®, Google Pay™, Samsung Pay and other popular mobile wallets.
- Accepts all Major Cards – Accept all major EMV credit, signature and PIN debit transactions.
- Protect your Payments – Built in security to protect your customers and your business from fraud.
- Pay at the Table Terminals:
- Wireless Connectivity – Wifi, Bluetooth and 3G connection so you can process payments away from the counter.
- Accept all Major Cards – Accept all major EMV credit, signature and PIN debit transactions and popular mobile wallets.
- Extended Battery Life – Extended battery life with a lightweight and compact design, perfect for inside and outdoor use.
- On the Go Solutions:
- Payments on your terms – All you need is our card reader, mobile app and your compatible mobile device.
- Accept all Major Cards – Accept all major EMV credit, and signature debit transactions.
- Online Points of Sale Solutions:
- No Terminal, No Problem – Accept card payments through your desktop or your laptop computer and a compatible pin pad.
- Accept all Major Cards – Accept all major EMV credit and signature transactions and popular mobile wallets.
- Easy and Secure – Get started without complicated set-up and process payments safely and securely.
Online Or Over the Phone Payments
For accepting online or over the phone payments, Chase Payment Solutions integrates with the following solutions:
- Virtual Terminal Solutions:
- No Equipment Necessary – All you need is a computer to get started. Manually enter card information through our secure web portal.
- Accept all Major Cards – Securely accept all major credit and debit card transactions with printed or digital receipts for your customers.
- Payment and Report Management – Manage refunds, transactions and generate reports all through your computer.
- E-Commerce Solutions:
- Versatile Gateway Options – Whether through our proprietary Orbital Gateway, Authorize.net or one of our many other gateway partners, we have flexible processing options for your business.
- Accept all Major Cards – Securely accept all major credit and debit card transactions.
- Protect your Payments – Built in security to protect your customers and your business from fraud.
- Payment Links:
- Chase Business Complete Banking and Chase Payment Solutions clients can use sharable payment links to request payments from customers, track and manage link status and more.
- Payment links allow merchants to save time and effort and get paid faster, all through the Chase mobile app or Chase.com.
If you’re a Chase business banking customer, you can take advantage of loyalty perks, including next-day business funding and lifetime reporting. The bank also offers ancillary services, like online reporting, gift card programs, and eCheck (ACH) processing.
Chase Payment Solutions Fees & Rates
- 2.6% discount rate and 10¢ per tap, dip or swiped transaction
- 3.5% discount rate and 10¢ per keyed transaction
- 2.90% + 25¢ per ecommerce transaction
Chase offers both tiered and interchange-plus pricing. The latter is the more transparent option because it lets you view processing charges on every bill. On the other hand, tiered pricing is a lot easier to understand, but far more expensive.
The tiered rates above apply to businesses who qualify for their month-to-month plan, which has no monthly fees or long-term contracts. Generally, if your business is high volume, you’ll want to negotiate interchange-plus pricing with Chase.
If you are currently using another processor, Chase will go over your recent statements to determine where it can save you some dough. After using Chase Payment Solutions for a year, you can request a pricing review. This is helpful if your business has grown, or if you’re processing a larger amount of credit card transactions than you initially estimated.
Credit Card Processor Alternatives
Before signing on the dotted line, you should compare Chase Payment Solutions against other available options. Let’s see how Chase performs against a few leading processors below.
One of the best online credit card processors, Stripe is ideal for startups and mid-sized businesses. When your company grows and begins to process large volumes, then you might want to explore switching over to Chase Payment Solutions for the added security and infrastructure the bank offers.
Stripe has low overhead costs, so it doesn’t charge any monthly or annual fees. Plus, it has no monthly minimum. The service comes with a free and powerful API that lets you build a custom checkout experience into your website, without charging any additional fees.
In a nutshell – Online only, no monthly fees, 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction.
Although it’s designed for small businesses, Square also has the capacity to serve mid- to large-sized enterprises. The credit card processor has a fully transparent pricing plan, as follows:
|Retail||2.75% each swiped transaction|
3.5% + 15¢ each keyed in transaction
|Online/eCommerce||2.9% + 30¢ each transaction|
Because you know exactly what Square charges, you’ll be able to more accurately estimate your costs month-to-month. Also, Square does not charge any monthly fees nor does it have any minimums, letting small start-ups process transactions at a lower cost. Larger businesses, however, might find Chase Payment Solutions’ volume discounts more attractive.
In a nutshell – Great for small businesses, no monthly fees, no minimums, 2.75% per swiped transaction. See our full Chase Payment Solutions Vs. Square article here.
Chase Payment Solutions is an excellent choice for small and medium-sized businesses that need a processor which can handle large transaction volumes.
For lower volume small- to mid-sized business, Chase Payment Solutions charges quite similarly to popular processors like Stripe or Square. Businesses typically consider these two alternatives for the simplicity when starting a business.
You’ll have to consider whether your customer base tends to be mostly credit card users, or if it’s more of a debit & credit card mix. I agree with the simplicity factor processors like Square and Stripe offer for new businesses. But, I tend to lean towards Chase Payment Solutions for their ability to be competitive for new businesses, as well as being able to scale for growth.
Customers seem decently satisfied with the bank’s service, and its overall reputation is well above par.
*Be sure to take a look at the banking promotions from Chase as well.
Top Offers You May Like
- Bank Of America $100 Bonus Offer
- Chase Business Complete Banking℠ $300 Bonus
- Chase Total Checking® $200 Bonus
- U.S. Bank Checking $300 Bonus
- BMO Harris $200/$350 Bonus
- TD Beyond Checking $300 Bonus
- HSBC Premier Checking $500 Bonus
- J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing $625 Cash
- Axos $150/$200 Bonuses