This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Miles & More World Elite Mastercard offers 80,000
50,000 award miles after spending $3,000 in purchases and paying the annual fee, both within the first 90 days (ways to meet this requirement). See our reviews for more airline cards.
Update 1/5/23: The welcome bonus is back up to 80,000 miles, highest ever.
Update 12/8/22: The signup bonus has decreased to 50,000 award miles.
Miles & More is an airline loyalty program which includes Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines, SWISS and more. As such, the co-branded Mastercard is great for travelers who occasionally fly with Lufthansa and its partner airlines.
You’ll easily cover the annual fee if you take full advantage of its generous perks and flexible rewards structure. Like double miles on Miles & More ticket purchases, a complimentary companion ticket every year and 2 free passes to the Lufthansa Business Lounge annually.
If you don’t fly every once in awhile with Miles & More airlines, then you’d be better off with another airline-branded card or a general travel rewards card.
- Earn 2 award miles per $1 spent on ticket purchases directly from Miles & More integrated airline partners
- Earn 1 award miles per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Receive two complimentary Lufthansa Business Lounge Vouchers after each account anniversary
- Receive a Companion Ticket after each account anniversary (taxes and fee apply)
- No foreign transaction fees
- Achieve Miles & More status faster – Convert award miles earned on purchases into status miles. Once each calendar year, you can convert 5,000 to 25,000 award miles at a 5 to 1 ratio. For example, 5,000 award miles convert to 1,000 status miles.
The Lufthansa Miles & More card has never had a better bonus than this one. Now, if you spend $3,000 and pay the annual fee within 90 days, you can get 80,000 miles.
Lufthansa miles are valuable. Domestic economy round-trip flights cost 25,000 miles, but United’s business class (domestic first class) only costs 35,000 Lufthansa miles round-trip. Award flights will cost half as much for one way. That means that this sign-up bonus is enough for two round-trip business-class flights in the United States.
In economy, it will cost you 50,000 miles to go to Europe, but the fees are very high.