This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Metromile (metromile.com) is currently offering a $25 Amazon Gift Card bonus for every person you refer who is new to the auto insurer and completes a quote. More referral promos here.
Metromile is a new kind of auto insurance. The company only charges based on the miles you actually drive that month. According to the site, customers save on average 47%, compared to what they were paying with their previous insurer. Keep reading for more on Metromile and their current offers.
Compare car insurance rates with Insurify.
Please note, Metromile auto insurance is only available in:
- New Jersey
Metromile $25 Referral Rewards
Earn a $25 Amazon Gift Card bonus for every successful referral, for up to $100 per calendar year. Here’s how it works:
- Go to the referral page and enter your friends’ email addresses.
- Your referral gets a quote by opening your unique referral link.
- You get a free $25 Amazon Gift Card for every friend who gets a quote.
Metromile will email you the gift card code within a few weeks after your friend completes their quote.
How Metromile Works
Metromile sells pay-per-mile auto insurance policies. According to the company, you can save hundreds of dollars annually if you drive less than 10,000 miles a year.
The company breaks down their rates into two parts: a base rate and a per-mile rate. Both are determined by traditional factors, like age, driving history, and credit.
Your Monthly Cost = Base Rate + (Per-Mile Rate x Monthly Mileage)
Let’s say your base rate is $35, your per-mile rate is $0.05, and you drive 150 miles in one month. Your car insurance cost for that month would be $42.50.
Tracking Device & Mobile App
To use Metromile, you need to plug the Metromile Pulse wireless tracking device into your vehicle’s diagnostic port, then use the app to track your driving behavior, such as mileage, average speed, time of day, and more.
The app also lets you:
- Find your parked car and get street sweeping alerts.
- Keep track of your driving routes.
- Provide information on fuel economy.
- View policy documents and auto insurance ID cards.
- Car health, like what your check engine light indicates.
- The Ride Along trial program lets you use the mobile app to monitor driving habits for 17 days and will give you a monthly bill estimate.
- Add-on options, including rental reimbursement, pet injury protection, no-deductible glass repair, and more.
- Insurance discounts (varies by state).
- Pay premiums and receive claim payouts in Bitcoin.
If you’re looking for cheaper car insurance, Metromile is a solid option. The company charges based on how much you drive. So the less you drive, the lower your rates. Plus, earn a $25 Amazon Gift Card with every successful referral.
Noblr is another auto insurer. The company determines rates by when, where, how well, and how much you drive. Noblr is currently offering a $25 Amazon Gift Card when you complete a free quote.