This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Established in 1964 and headquartered in Spicer, Minnesota, Heritage Bank only has 14 locations across Iowa, Minnesota and South Dakota.
While their footprint with physical branches is limited, they do offer accounts available online, nationwide. Their online Checking and Savings rates are often much better than most traditional banking institutions.
Heritage Bank Promotions Review Below
Heritage Bank eCentive Account Rate Offer
*This account currently doesn’t make it onto our Best Reward Checking Accounts list. The rate is no longer being updated.
See the best Checking rates list here.
- Availabilty: Nationwide via membership
- Minimum for APY: $1
- Maximum for APY: $25k
- Monthly service fee: $4; waived with eStatements
Heritage Bank offers the eCentive Account, which is a Checking and debit card account with premium interest rates when qualifications are met. What are these qualifications? You must meet the following 3 qualifications monthly:
- Make 10 or more debit card payments and/or purchases that will post to your account each month (excluding ATM transactions)
- Have at least one direct deposit or automatic payment (ACH) each month
- Receive a monthly eStatement
If you meet the above criteria each month, you’ll receive these benefits:
- You’ll earn their highest yielding Checking interest rate on balances up to $25,000.
- You’ll receive automatic refunds up to $25 per month for domestic ATM fees charged by other ATM owners and MasterCard cross border/currency conversion fees for debit card foreign transactions.
- No minimum balance
- $100 minimum to open account.
- No monthly service charge
- Monthly eStatements required; Must have valid email address to enroll ($4 per month if you fail to enroll and paper statements are sent to you through U.S. Mail )
- $30 fee if account is closed within 6 months of opening
- Free Online Banking, ePay online bill pay, Mobile Banking and more!