*Update: EverBank is now TIAA Bank. See the TIAA Bank website for all the available deposit account offers.
EverBank (NYSE: EVER) is a financial services company that provides banking, mortgages and investing services.
They are based in Jacksonville, Florida and if you’re from the area you probably know about EverBank Field, host of the Jacksonville Jaguars.
While EverBank’s mortgages are quite popular for the company, they also do a great job providing online banking products and brokerage services with EverTrade Direct Brokerage. All in all, they’re doing good things and have over 25 billion in total assets.
We’ll focus on EverBank’s best banking products in this article, which includes their high-interesting checking, money market, and CD(Certificate of Deposit) account options. These online banking products are available to everyone nationwide.
EverBank’s Yield Pledge Checking Bonus Rate: 1.21% APY
EverBank’s Yield Pledge Checking is an online interest earning Checking account, and is a very respectable option if you’re in the hunt for one. It makes it onto our list of the best free Checking accounts.
The rates for just about all interest earning Checking accounts can vary, and that’s why EverBank sets themselves apart with a guarantee. The account gets its name from the promise to keep the yield in the top 5% of competitive accounts, which are accounts from the top 5 banks and top 5 thrifts in the United States.
If you’ve been banking locally with all the brick-and-mortar big banks around, likely you’ve come to realize their checking accounts don’t offer much in terms of earning interest. This goes for Chase, Bank of America, Citibank, Wells Fargo, etc.
This is an online only Checking account, and EverBank does not own or operate any ATMs. A benefit of this is that they will refund ATM fees automatically every month on accounts with a minimum average daily balance of $5,000.
Similar to the major banks, EverBank is an FDIC insured federal savings bank, with the standard insurance limit of $250,000.
Special Bonus Rate For New Customers
New customers to EverBank’s Yield Pledge Checking get a special bonus rate.
Below are the current rates:
|$100,000 – $10,000,000||0.71%|
|$50,000 – $99,999.99||0.61%|
|$25,000 – $49,999.99||0.51%|
|$10,000 – $24,999.99||0.46%|
|$0 – $9,999.99||0.25%|
* First year APY reflects a 1-year introductory rate available to first-time checking clients on balances up to $250,000. Ongoing APYs otherwise apply.
The Yield Pledge Checking Account Features:
- $5,000 Minimum opening balance
- EverBank ATM fee = $0
- Unlimited ATM reimbursements with minimum $5,000 balance
- Free Online & mobile banking
- Make deposits from home free
- Use the EverBank Mobile App to deposit checks, check balances, pay bills, and transfer funds
- Additional online security
- Best Chase Bank & J.P. Morgan Bonuses May 2022 ($100, $200, $300, $625)
- Capital One 360 Bonuses: $100, $150, $250, $400 Offers [Nationwide]
- Salem Five Promotions: $250 Checking Account Bonus [MA, NH]
- Ally Bank Up To $1,000 Cash Bonus, Money Market Rate Offer: 0.50% APY (Nationwide)
- BBVA Promotions: Up $250 Checking & Savings Account Bonus Offer
EverBank Yield Pledge Money Market Bonus Rate: 1.50% APY
Money market accounts are basically an alternative to a traditional savings account where the interest rate is typically higher, along with the minimum account balance requirement being higher as well.
While you do have access to the funds (compared to CDs, where you don’t without a penalty), you’re limited to 6 typical transfers or withdrawals per month due to federal regulations. Withdrawals that don’t count towards this limit are those by ATM, in person, by mail, by messenger or by telephone.
EverBank’s Yield Pledge Money Market account requires a $5,000 minimum to open. In reference to its name, this account also pledges to stay in the top 5% of all competitive accounts.
Also, there is no monthly fee for this account.
Here are the interest rates/APYs:
|Balances||Ongoing APY After 1 Year Promo|
|$100,000 – $10,000,000||1.35%|
|$50,000 – $99,999.99||1.25%|
|$25,000 – $49,999.99||1.15%|
|$10,000 – $24,999.99||1.10%|
|$0 – $9,999.99||1.05%|
* First year APYs on balances up to $250,000 for first-time money market clients. Ongoing APYs apply to 1) amounts over $250,000 during the 1-year introductory period; and 2) all balances after the 1-year introductory period.
As you can see, there is also a Bonus Interest Rate for the EverBank Yield Pledge Money Market account.
So why would you choose to put your savings in a money market account? People typically make this decision when they want to earn more than a traditional Savings account, yet want to have access to the funds just in case, as opposed to a CD (Certificate of Deposit) account. Plus, there is no risk like there is if you put the funds in the stock market, 401K, etc.
Click the button to learn more at EverBank.com.
*Money Market rates update often. Compare the best nationwide Money Market rates here.
EverBank Yield Pledge CD Bonus
As you may have guessed by now, EverBank’s Yield Pledge CD option also promises to yield in the top 5% of competitive accounts. These are actually some of the best CD rates in the market for certain terms. We list some competitors below for comparison.
The minimum to open here is $5,000 and there is no monthly fee. Again, you make the choice of a CD when you can leave the funds untouched for the term of the CD.
Here are the current APY rates:
* Interest rates and APYs shown for balances up to $1 million. Call for additional rates.
Check back here for updates on offers from EverBank.
Top/Trending Offers You May Like
- BMO Harris $200 & $350 Bonuses
- Chase Business Checking $300 Bonus
- Bank Of America $100 Bonus Offer
- Chase Total Checking® $200 Bonus
- TD Beyond Checking $300 Bonus
- HSBC Premier Checking $500 Bonus
- Aspiration Checking $150/$200 Bonus
- J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing $625 Cash
- Ally Invest Up To $3,000 Bonus
- Axos $100/$200 Checking & Savings Bonuses
- TradeStation Cash & Crypto Offers