Empower is an internet-only banking institution and does not have physical branch locations. They are headquartered in West Memphis, Arizona.
Empower started out as an app that provides financial assistance to help you save, build credit, and track your accounts in one place. Here’s a few things Empower helps with:
- Check account balances & track your spending
- See where your money goes, with expenses automatically categorized
- Automatically save to build wealth or pay down credit debt
- Find a high-interest savings account
- Manage bills and renegotiate to save (utilities, mobile, security)
- Review subscriptions you’re paying for
- Transfer money for free between any U.S. bank accounts
- Pay your credit card bills directly from the app
- Get heads-up notification to protect your credit score
It is free to use Empower’s basic account features, and you can decide to upgrade to unlock new features for a monthly fee.
It looks like they have good options for a free Checking and a free Savings account.
Bonus offer: Get $200 cash for a new checking account with Chase…
Empower Checking/Savings Offer: Give $20, Get $20 Bonus Referral
- What you’ll get: $20 per qualified referral
- Where it’s available: Nationwide
- How to earn it: You’ll need to have an active Empower account to make referrals. You and your friend can both get $20 when they open up an Empower AutoSave or Empower High-Interest Checking account and transfer at least $10. Your referral will need to:
- Download the Empower app from the App or Play store using your referral link
- Create an account and open an Empower AutoSave or Checking account with a balance over $20
- When it expires: Not listed
- See the referral program terms here
Waive The Monthly Fee
The Empower experience is free for the first 30 days, then $6 per month to access all of the money management features in the Empower app, including automated savings, easy budgeting and spend tracking, smart recommendations, human coach, and more.
- To participate in the program, the referrer must be an active Empower subscriber, and the referee must be a new and active Empower subscriber.
- The referrer must use their unique referral link in order for Empower to measure and attribute new customer leads.
- A successful referral is defined as a referee who: (i) is a new and active Empower subscriber, and (ii) uses the referrer’s unique referral link to sign up and accept a Cash Advance within 30 days of starting their free trial.
- Empower will deposit $20 into the referrer’s Empower account or External Bank Account and $20 into the referee’s Empower or External Bank Account within 2 business days of the successful referral being completed.
- Referees and referrers who close their Empower accounts before the scheduled reward payout, make a deposit that results in a reversal from their bank, or have Empower accounts that are inactive for non-payment will not qualify for the reward.
- Empower reserves the right at any time to terminate this program, modify various parts of this program, and refuse or recover any reward payouts if Empower determines in its sole discretion that any of Empower’s Terms of Service have been violated by the referrer or referee.
Top/Trending Offers You May Like
- Bank Of America $100 Bonus Offer
- Chase Total Checking® $200 Bonus
- BMO Harris $200/$350 Bonus
- TD Beyond Checking $300 Bonus
- HSBC Premier Checking $500 Bonus
- J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing $625 Cash
- Ally Invest Up To $3,000 Bonus
- Axos $150/$200 Bonuses
- Chase College Checking℠ $100 Bonus
- TradeStation Cash & Crypto Offers
- Choice Rewards World Mastercard® Bonus