Zacks Trade is a low-cost, full-featured, online stock trading platform for self-directed traders and investors who can put in the minimum $2,500 to open an account. They share the same founder as the well-respected investment research provider, Zacks.com, so you can rest assured you’re in good hands.
Zacks Trade Promotions
Trade Stocks And Options Starting At $1
- Trade US Stocks, Options and ETFs for as low as $1 per trade for a year from funding date.
- Offer valid for those that fund a new Zacks Trade account by 12/31/19 with at least $2,500 USD or equivalent in existing positions or foreign currency, funding must occur within 60 calendar days of account opening.
- Offer limited to one promotion per account type per customer.
- Current customers are eligible should the new account be of different type than their current account.
- US Stocks and ETFs priced above $1 per share will be subject to a commission of $0.01 per share with a $1 minimum for a year.
- US Stocks priced below $1 per share will be subject to a commission equal to 1% of the principal (# of shares x price per share) with a $1 minimum for a year.
- The first option in an order will be subject to a commission of $1 with each identical contract being $0.75.
- When placing a multi-leg order, the first option in each leg will incur a commission of $1 with each Identical contract being $0.75 each.
- Following a one-year period from account fund date, commissions will revert to our standard commission structure, starting at $3.00 ($0.01 per share) for US stocks priced above $1 per share, 1% of the principal ($3.00 minimum) for US stocks priced below $1 per share, and $3.00 for the first option contract in any leg.
- The offer does not apply to foreign stock transactions, large block transactions requiring special handling, restricted stock transactions or foreign ordinary shares that trade online in the U.S. over-the-counter (OTC) market and do not settle in the U.S.
- Offer is not transferable and not valid with internal transfers.
- This is not an offer or solicitation in any jurisdiction where we are not authorized to do business.
- Offer not valid for employees of Zacks Trade or Zacks companies.
- Zacks Trade reserves the right to restrict or revoke this offer at any time.
- Restrictions apply.
Zacks Trade Is Best For…
Zacks Trade Managing Director, Jason Toledo, reports that the company’s clients range from long-term investors to daily traders, and from students to retirees. But it’s the investors who’ll only be making a few trades a month in taxable accounts that will be able to save quite a bit of money on commissions by going with Zacks Trade instead of big brokerages like Charles Schwab, TD Ameritrade or E*trade, especially in the realm of global trading.
For those that place importance on research, Zacks Trade is a very good contender. It offers minimum commissions for maximum access to top-notch information.
I would not recommend Zacks Trade to trading newbies. Although the platform thoroughly explains where certain metrics come from, it’s not a user-friendly way for beginners to learn and experiment with trading stocks. The platform has great tools for data analysis, but it doesn’t explain the basics and terminology.