You can buy American Express Gift Cards online or in-store. I’ll go over all the options and what works out best price wise here.
- American Express Gift Cards: General Facts
- American Express Gift Card Purchase & Shipping Fees
- Today’s American Express Gift Card Promotional Codes: No Fees
Buying American Express Gift Cards Online
Simply go to www.americanexpress.com/gift-cards/ to see all your options for buying Amex gift cards online.
Buying American Express Gift Cards In-Store
You can count on finding American Express Gift Cards in just about any brick-and-mortar location that sells a variety of gift cards. For instance, pretty much any drug-store, grocery store, or supermarket.
Here’s a short list of well-known retailers that have them available for purchase:
- Office Depot
- Winn Dixie
- Tom Thumb
- Rite Aid
- US Post Offices
Use the store locator to find a location near you.
Online Vs In-Store Purchasing Differences
Here are the differences you can expect when comparing buying American Express Gift Cards online or in-store.
- Shipping Fees will apply.
- Purchase Fees will be a little less.
- Card value maximum is higher. I’ve purchased a $3,000 American Express Gift Card before.
- Promotions exist for waiving Purchase and Shipping Fees.
- More designs and customization/personalization is possible.
- No Shipping Fees to worry about.
- Purchase Fee will be a little more.
- Card value is typically maxed out at $500 per card.
- Limited designs/no customization.
- Buy 1 $500 Amex gift card
- Buy 10 $100 Amex gift cards
Typically, the better way to go is to purchase your American Express Gift Cards online. If you only need 1 gift card with a value of $500 or less and you’re in a hurry, buy it in-store. Otherwise, online is the way to go.
Top/Trending Offers You May Like
- BMO Harris $200 & $350 Bonuses
- Chase Business Checking $300 Bonus
- Bank Of America $100 Bonus Offer
- Chase Total Checking® $200 Bonus
- TD Beyond Checking $300 Bonus
- HSBC Premier Checking $500 Bonus
- Aspiration Checking $150/$200 Bonus
- J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing $625 Cash
- Ally Invest Up To $3,000 Bonus
- Axos $100/$200 Checking & Savings Bonuses
- TradeStation Cash & Crypto Offers