TravelCar is a peer-to-peer (P2P) car share platform. For renters, it’s a handy alternative to larger commercial rental companies. For car owners, you’ll get free parking, a car wash and the opportunity to make a bit of cash while you’re traveling.
For more on TravelCar and its current offers, keep reading.
How TravelCar Works
TravelCar is like AirBNB, but with cars instead of accommodation. It’s a great alternative to big car rental companies, and it’s cheaper as well.
For car owners, TravelCar offers free parking at airports, train stations, ports and in downtown areas. They’ll organize renting your vehicle out while you’re travelling, fully insured. When you return from your travels, you can pick up your car, fully cleaned. If your vehicle was rented out, you’ll also get paid.
Here’s how it works:
- List your car via the TravelCar website or mobile app.
- Park your car at a TravelCar lot.
- Share your car with a trusted TravelCar client.
- Get paid for every mile driven on your car.
TravelCar has a few guarantees, making sure you and your car are protected:
- You’re covered with 100% insurance.
- Every TravelCar renter is screened and verified.
- You won’t have to pay for any citations or tickets incurred by a renter.
- Full customer support is available 24/7.
How Much Can You Earn?
There are different earning schemes when you share your car with TravelCar, depending on how long you park your car for and your car’s age:
|Parking Length||Car Age||Rate|
|Less than a month||–||$0.09 – $0.14|
(based on car age)
|A month or more||2010-2013||$150 flat rate|
|A month or more||2014-2019||$200 flat rate|
So is TravelCar worth it? Let’s compare how much you could make in seven days, compared to parking your car at a regular paid lot:
|Parking fee||$0/day or $0/week||$20/day or $140/week|
|Car wash||Free ($25 value)||–|
|Car share||Paid for every mile (up to $100)||–|
*Cost of weekly parking + car wash.
As you can see in the above calculations, not only could you save $165 on parking fees and a car wash, but you could be making $100 for leaving your car at a TravelCar lot for a week. If you don’t mind other people driving your vehicle – remember, you’ll be fully insured – then using TravelCar’s services is a no brainer.
Top Pages You May Like
Top/Trending Offers You May Like
- BMO Harris $200 & $350 Bonuses
- Chase Business Checking $300 Bonus
- Bank Of America $100 Bonus Offer
- Chase Total Checking® $200 Bonus
- TD Beyond Checking $300 Bonus
- HSBC Premier Checking $500 Bonus
- Aspiration Checking $150/$200 Bonus
- J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing $625 Cash
- Ally Invest Up To $3,000 Bonus
- Axos $100/$200 Checking & Savings Bonuses
- TradeStation Cash & Crypto Offers