- Editor Rating
- Rated 4 stars
- Swagbucks Cash Back
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
We all want to earn the easy buck, don’t we? But, we all know that if it’s too good to be true, it generally is. So, when we are presented with an avenue where, if we just work it a bit, we can make some extra cash, we have to stop and wonder.
Swagbucks is one such avenue. At first glance, the name is quite enticing, cool, and trendy-like. But, aren’t all things that are – fake and a scam? They lure us in and spit us out on the other side once we have donated our well-earned money to it.
Let us see just what Swagbucks is all about and whether one should take it up as a way to make quick cash.
*Compare Swagbucks to all the best cash back shopping sites here
Swagbucks Referral Bonus: $3 + 10% For Life
- It’s free to join Swagbucks to start making referral bonuses
- Refer your friends and family and when they earn 300 Swag Bucks (SB) you both get a $3 bonus.
- Also, you’ll get 10% of their earnings for life. That means if your friend earns 500 SB, you’ll get 50 SB.
- If you haven’t signed up with Swagbucks yet, you can also earn a $10 bonus for joining:
What Is Swagbucks All About?
To earn points or SB’s (yes, Swag Bucks) you need to complete tasks. SB’s can be converted to real money, but beware, 1 SB equals 1 cent, so it takes a while to accumulate the points. And, you will see this once you see just how many SB’s they pay you for each task.
But, with all good things, and Swagbucks is a good thing, you have to be patient. Those SB’s do start to add up and can be utilized to purchase real stuff.
So, How Do You Get Started?
You need to sign up on Swagbucks.com with an email address or your Facebook account. You’ll start earning Swag Bucks right away as you go through simply updating your settings.
You earn more SB’s by completing your profile, making Swagbucks your default browser, and adding their “SwagButton” extension on your browser. This may sound a little tech heavy, but Swagbucks takes you through it quite easily step-by-step.
Note, that you have to be from these countries to qualify : Canada, Germany, US, Australia, UK, Ireland, India and France.
How Do You Earn Swagbucks?
There are a few ways to earn Swagbucks, and you will find some that will resonate with you more than others. Some do take a while to get into, and others don’t feel like they are worth the small amount of SB’s you get paid.
It will take a little while to get into the flow of how Swagbucks works, which platforms are better than others, and which really grow your Swag Bucks wallet.
- Surveys. Completing surveys online are not the quickest way to earn SB’s, but they are relatively easy and don’t take up too much time. You can earn up to 300 SB’s for one survey, so if you are happy to spend an hour or two a day on these, you can pocket a fair amount of SB’s per month. Last Pass is a nifty platform to store all your survey answers, because, as you will see soon enough, you have to repeat most of the info over and over. Saving it here and just cutting and pasting as you survey, will save you tons of time.
- Online Shopping. This requires you to spend actual money, via avenues such as Amazon, Walmart, Gap, and other online shopping platforms. By shopping via Swagbucks, you get SB’s, even though you are paying the same price for the item if you didn’t go through Swagbucks. But, that’s the point really, isn’t it? Racking up those points to use elsewhere when you need to spend money again. It’s all real easy, so long as you have installed the SwagButton, which we mentioned in the beginning when you were signing up.
- Searching. Move aside Google and Yahoo, Swagbacks can be your search engine now, and you earn points this way too. This is the easiest way to earn SB’s. Once you have set it up, you simply ensure you use it when searching online, and think about how often you do an online search, and forget about it. Your points will just clock up nicely whilst you do what you were always doing before. You can earn up to $15 per month by utilizing Swagbucks as your search engine.
- Coupons. Like a win-win situation? Well, simply use the coupons that Swagbucks provides when purchasing in certain stores. And, by using the coupons you earn SB’s as well. But, be careful not to go on a shopping spree on stuff you don’t need. That would mean just a waste of the coupons. Focus on the stuff you would normally need to buy.
- Videos. Whether you like to watch videos or not, as in YouTube videos, you can earn SB’s. As the videos take time to watch, you can only fit so many into your day, so a neat trick (don’t tell Swagbucks) is to start the video on either another computer, or in the background, while you carry on with whatever else you want to do. There is also a Swagbucks TV app you can download onto your smartphone. So, get your phone hooked up to Wi-Fi, run the videos back to back, and let those SB’s tick up.
- Blogs and Forums. Getting involved in blogging and taking part in forums will also accrue Swag Bucks. This is where it gets a little heavy and perhaps a trifle technical, but you can earn a load more SB’s this way. So, give it a try.
- Swag Codes. Swag Codes is another slightly more technical way of earning Swag Bucks, but once you get the knack of it, you will find it quite a lovely way to rack the SB’s up. All you need to do is install the SwagButton, or download the app on your Android or iOS phone. You will be sent notifications of when there are secret codes somewhere on the website and their social media platforms. Swag Codes are words and numbers in code, clearly, and they have an expiry time to them, so you need to be quick. Once you know the code, you just enter it by the safe icon at the top of the webpage, and there you go, you have earned more SB’s.
How Do I Redeem My Swag Bucks?
You can redeem your Swag Bucks into gift cards or make charitable donations. Popular gift card options include:
But, another warning, cash out often and soon, as it has been heard, that inactive Swagbucks accounts, or infrequently used accounts, get closed down, and along with it your earned Swag Bucks!
Swagbucks sets itself apart from other cash back shopping sites with their variety of methods for earning rewards. It does take a bit of time to get up and running with all the possibilities, but it can be an enjoyable process if you have the “couponer” mindset. If you’re just looking for a portal to earn cash back on the online shopping you’d normally do anyway, then it compares well with the other top cash back shopping sites. We always recommend comparing cash back rates with your favorite stores using CashBackMonitor to help you decide on which cash back shopping site to primarily use.
All The Top Cash Back Sites For Comparison
- Extrabux Cashback Shopping Review: Legit Or Scam?
- Should You Use Mr. Rebates’ Shopping Portal For Cash Back?
- TopCashback: Cash Back Scam Or Legit?
- Ebates Review: Cash Back Shopping | $10 Sign Up & Unlimited $25 Referral Bonuses
- Best Cash Back Shopping Sites Everyone Should Be Using (Free Cash, Points, Rewards!)
- Paribus Review: Scam Or Great Way To Save Time And Money Shopping?
- Best Credit Card Cash Back Shopping Portals: Chase, Barclays, Discover
- Jewel Review: Luxury Cashback Shopping Portal ($5 Sign Up Bonus)
- iConsumer Cash Back Shopping: $5 In Bitcoin & 5% For Life Referral Promotion
- Upromise Cash Back For College Review: Unique College Savings Platform
- BeFrugal Cash Back Shopping Review: $10 & $15 Promotions
- Simply Best Coupons Cash Back Shopping Review
- Swagbucks Cash Back Shopping Review: $3 & 10% Bonus
- Best Online Cash Back Shopping Site: Mr.Rebates vs. Ebates!