This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The information related to the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express has been collected by MoneysMyLife and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card prior to publication.
This offer is no longer available.
The Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express is regarded as one of the top hotel rewards cards available. As of this update, there’s an offer for 75,000 bonus points, which we value at $750 when you redeem towards eligible hotel stays.
Aside from the superb bonus offer, the card actually provides benefits worth the $95 annual fee (waived the first year) for those who stay at participating SPG and Marriott Rewards hotels. You’ll have over 6,500 participating SPG and Marriott Rewards hotels across 29 brands to take advantage of this card with.
The 75,000 Bonus Points Offer ($750 Value)
Spend $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening to earn the 75,000 bonus points. Redeem towards eligible hotel stays and those points are worth $750.
If you have any concerns about meeting that spending requirement during the first 3 months, here are some ideas to help:
Pros And Cons Of The Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card
|ANNUAL FEE||$95, waived the 1st year|
|BONUS OFFER||Earn 75,000 Bonus Points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Terms Apply.|
|REWARDS RATE||We value each point at 1 cent apiece; 10,000 points is worth $100 in hotel redemption.|
- Annual Fee. The $95 annual fee is waived for the first year, giving you enough time to evaluate if the card will fit your needs.
- Rewards. If you use your card for eligible purchases at participating SPG and Marriott Rewards hotels, you’ll earn 6 points per dollar. All other purchases will earn 2 points per dollar. Starwood Preferred Guest combined with Marriott Rewards in August of 2018, and now over 6,500 participating SPG and Marriott Rewards hotels across 29 brands are available for points redemptions. Redemption can now start as low as 6,000 points a night.
- Points Transfer. Besides being able to redeem points for flights and car rentals, you’ll also have the option of transferring your points for travel program rewards with major airline partners.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees. There are no fees if you use your card for international purchases.
- Free Night Award. You’ll receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. This award can be used for 1 night at a participating hotel at a max redemption level of 35,000 points.
- Silver Elite Status. You’ll have complimentary Silver Elite status with this card. High spenders can earn Gold Elite status after spending $30,000 or more in eligible purchases in a calendar year (this threshold will increase to $35,000 on January 1, 2019). Silver Elite Status benefits include:
- 10% bonus on Marriott Rewards points
- Priority late checkout
- Free Wi-Fi
- Compensation for a hotel stay if Marriott can’t honor your reservation
- Dedicated phone lines for reservations
- Premium Internet – Free. Premium internet access at participating SPG and Marriott Rewards hotels will be free.
- Car Rental Coverage for Damage and Loss. If you pay for your car rental using your Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card, do not take out the additional collision waiver protection. If the car is subsequently damaged or stolen, you will get a level of coverage that can cover you in the event of such an occurrence. This will not apply for car rentals in New Zealand, Australia, or Italy.
- Shopping and Entertainment. An extended warranty option is available when your Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card is used to pay for a purchase. In cases where the manufacturer’s warranty is five years or less, your warranty will be extended for up to 2 years as long as there is a valid US warranty in place. The coverage is limited to the amount charged on the card.
- Hotel Branded Card. The primary function of this card is to benefit those who travel frequently, and more specifically those who stay at participating SPG and Marriott Rewards hotels.
- Annual Spend. After the initial year of holding the card, where the annual fee is waived, in order to make the card pay for itself, you will need to hit certain spending levels.
- AmEx Acceptance. There’s no getting around the fact that Visa and Mastercard is more broadly accepted than American Express. The Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card definitely shouldn’t be the only rewards card in your wallet.
Now that SPG and Marriott Rewards have combined, the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express enjoys broader capabilities.
If you use a personal card for your business expenditure, this is an ideal card to earn rewards back on money that your company will later reimburse you for. If you love loyalty programs, especially with airlines, having the ability to transfer your points to most major airlines gives this card additional flexibility.
Top Offers You May Like
- Bank Of America $100 Bonus Offer
- Chase Business Complete Banking℠ $300 Bonus
- Chase Total Checking® $200 Bonus
- U.S. Bank Checking $300 Bonus
- BMO Harris $200/$350 Bonus
- TD Beyond Checking $300 Bonus
- HSBC Premier Checking $500 Bonus
- J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing $625 Cash
- Axos $150/$200 Bonuses