PayPal Here is a pay-as-you-go, mobile merchant services provider. With it, businesses can accept payments via credit and debit card, invoice, cash or check.
|Merchant Solutions||Item library|
Cash & check recording
Custom tax & tip
Discounts & refunds
|Type of Processing Fee||Interchange-plus|
|Payout Availability||Same-day funding|
|Early Termination Fee||No ETF|
PayPal Here Features
PayPal Here has a countertop register option as well as mobile card reader options. It, by no means, is meant to replace a full point-of-sale (POS) system. But PayPal Here does offer a set of features that cover the basic necessities you’ll want from a mobile system, and more. If you already use PayPal, then it’s easy to get started with all of your information already gathered in one place.
PayPal Here App
The app features the following:
With PayPal Here, you can build an inventory of products through the dashboard or in the app. Store photos, price, descriptions and other information. You can even run sales reports based on your item library.
Within the item library, you have the power to add:
- Item variants: different sizes and colors, set different pricing for each variant
- Item categories: sort items into categories, create a best sellers list for quick reference
- Item add-ons: add on extra products, like extra cheese on a hamburger
If you have a lot of users who need to access PayPal Here, you can create secondary accounts and assign user permissions. PayPal will let you create 1,000 sub-user accounts at no extra charge.
In contrast, Square charges for this feature in its employee management package.
When it’s time to make a quick sale, just input the amount and charge the card. No items will be added to the sales report, but the transaction will be recorded.
Manage all payments in one place. This feature has the ability to log cash and check payments.
You can configure PayPal Here to auto-set your tax rate based on your GPS location or manually adjust the tax in the app yourself.
You can also choose to apply the tipping function at checkout. There’s even an option to suggest a custom number by dollar amount or percentage.
If you’re having a sale, PayPal Here has the option to add discounts at checkout.
You can also send refunds or partial refunds when you need to, from within the app.
If you want more payment security, you can choose to require signatures for transactions under $25. A signature is automatically required for purchases over $25.
As part of your PayPal business account, you can send invoices to customers over the web or directly on the PayPal Here app. The invoice is free to send. But when you get paid, PayPal will take 2.9% + $0.30.
PayPal Here Equipment
PayPal only offers four card reader options. Your choices are:
This starter card reader works well for businesses with intermittent, low-volume transactions and monthly sales under $500. All you have to do is download the PayPal Here app on your mobile device, plug the card reader into the audio jack, and you’re good to go. Cost: $14.99.
The most popular PayPal Here card reader fits well with businesses that take payments on the go, in an office or in a store. It’s an easy and secure way to process both magnetic stripe and chip cards via Bluetooth connection. Cost: $24.99.
Pair this with a compatible phone or tablet, and you got yourself a POS system. It accepts magnetic stripe or chip cards and contactless payments like Apply Pay or Google Pay via Bluetooth connection. With it, you have the ability to record cash and check transactions as well as send invoices from the app or online. Get the charging stand too, so you can keep your reader charged all day long. Cost: $59.99 or $79.99 with charging stand.
The most expensive reader PayPal Here has to offer, it uses Bluetooth connection to process magnetic stripe and chip cards, as well as contactless payments. Cost: $99.99.
For a more robust setup, you can pair a PayPal chip card reader with one of the company’s POS partners. Giving you the power to manage your inventory, sales and customer data. PayPal is integrated into each, so linking your PayPal and POS accounts will be a breeze.
Pricing with PayPal Here
PayPal Here does a great job at pricing transparency, disclosing its fees and rates clearly on its website. Besides the transaction fees, you won’t pay anything else unless there’s a chargeback. Here’s what you can expect to pay:
|Swiped Transactions (USA)||2.7%|
|Keyed-In Transactions (USA)||3.5% + $0.15|
|Invoice||2.9% + $0.30|
PayPal does not charge any monthly or annual fees, PCI compliance fees, setup fees, equipment fees or any other hidden fees. The only extra charge you should keep in mind is the $20 chargeback fee, which is an industry standard.
If your business tends to process a lot of American Express transactions, you could be saving a lot of money with PayPal because of its flat-rate pricing structure.
If you need any help, PayPal Here offers a wide variety of service and support options: calling in, emailing, posting on social media, searching the community forum and checking out its knowledgebase.
If you have an account-related issue, you’ll have to call in for support. For all other questions, concerns or issues, you should check out all other support channels first.
Although merchants can set up their account immediately, PayPal will take note of your processing habits to make sure you’re not a high-risk merchant. Red flags will trigger an account review, followed by a hold, a freeze or even account termination.
PayPal Here is a third-party payments processor, aggregating accounts. That means you can sign up and start processing almost right away, with no monthly costs or early termination fees (ETFs). PayPal also doesn’t charge a non-activity fee, making it a good choice for seasonal merchants.
If you already have a PayPal business account, it’s super easy to start with PayPal Here. Although don’t expect guaranteed access. You’ll still have to apply and wait for approval.
As always, make sure to read every word in the full user agreement before you sign up.
Although it’s not as stable and its customer service is not as reliable as other merchant account providers, PayPal Here has just about everything a new or mid-sized business would need to accept payments on the go. It’s easy to use, has great hardware and comes with transparency and decent overall dependability.
- Chase Payment Solutions Review (Credit Card Processing)
- VertoFX Promotions: $100 Referral Bonus Credits
- Helcim All-In-One Merchant Platform & Credit Card Processing Review
- Best Credit Card Processing / Merchant Services Providers 2022
- Chase Payment Solutions vs. Square: Which Card Processor Is Better For Your Business?
- Sam’s Club Merchant Services Review: Products & Services By First Data
- Chase Payment Solutions Vs. Fattmerchant For Credit Card Processing
- Chase Payment Solutions Vs. Stripe For Credit Card Processing
- Chase Payment Solutions vs. Dharma Merchant Services For Your Business
- Chase Payment Solutions vs. PayPal: Which Payment Processor Is Better For Your Business?
- Bill.com Accounts Receivable & Payable Promotions: $100 Referral Bonuses
- Melio Payments Promotions: $500 Accountant & Bookkeeper Referral Bonuses & $200 Small Business Referral Bonuses
- Intuit QuickBooks Payments Review: Seamless Integration With Quickbooks
- Google Pay Promotions: $1-$5 Cash Back On 1st Payment, $1-$10 Referral Bonuses
- Fattmerchant Review: Subscription-Based Wholesale Pricing
- Payline Data Review: A Great Overall Payment Processor
- Square Review: Credit Card Processing For Low-Volume Merchants
- National Processing Review: Great Bare Bones Provider
- Dharma Merchant Services Review: Honest & Ethical Card Processing
- Stripe Payments Review: Online Credit Card Processing With Free API
- National Bankcard Review: A Good Overall Credit Card Processor
- Amazon Pay Review: Great For Merchants Already Selling With Amazon
- PayPal Here Review: Great For Mobile Merchants
- Flagship Merchant Services Review: Low Cost & Month-To-Month
- PayJunction Review: Paperless For Eco-Conscious Merchants
- Payment Depot Review: Flat Fee Per Transaction & 0% Markup
- WePay Review: Designed For eCommerce & Crowdfunding
- CreditCardProcessing.com Review: Full Range Of Payment Plans & Equipment
- Braintree Review: An Online Credit Card Processor From PayPal
- PayHub Review: Excellent For Ecommerce With Quality Customer Service
- Shopify Review: A One-Stop Shop For Ecommerce Merchants
- CDGcommerce Review: Keep Your Processing Costs To A Minimum
- Authorize.net Review: A Gateway Provider With Robust Fraud Protection
Top/Trending Offers You May Like
- Bank Of America $100 Bonus Offer
- Chase Total Checking® $200 Bonus
- BMO Harris $200/$350 Bonus
- TD Beyond Checking $300 Bonus
- HSBC Premier Checking $500 Bonus
- J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing $625 Cash
- Ally Invest Up To $3,000 Bonus
- Axos $150/$200 Bonuses
- Chase College Checking℠ $100 Bonus
- TradeStation Cash & Crypto Offers
- Choice Rewards World Mastercard® Bonus