- Editor Rating
- Citi Double Cash Card
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- PopularityEditor: 90%
The Citi Double Cash credit card is currently one of the best cash back credit cards for flexible spending, and there is now a
new $100 bonus offer (offer no longer available) for it.
This card fills the role as a long term, market-leading cash back rate option. You’ll earn 1% cash back on all your purchases, and then another 1% cash back once you pay off those purchases.
There’s no annual fee, so this makes a good choice for low spenders as well as those who are looking to maximize rewards with multiple cards. Competitor cash back cards with no annual fee that earn on flexible spending typically earn 1% to 1.5% (we’ll go over competitors below). *Citibank offers good bonuses for their Checking accounts also.
2% Cash Back & More With The Citi Double Cash
You’ll earn 1% cash back on all your purchases, regardless of spending category. Then, once you pay off those purchases, you’ll receive another 1% cash back. If you carry a balance, that extra 1% won’t come right away so it’s a good incentive for responsible credit card usage. Plus, there is no cap on the amount of cash back you’ll receive at the maximum 2% rate. Be sure to pay at least the minimum due to earn the additional 1% cash back if you’re not paying off the balance in full each month.
What Doesn’t Earn Cash Back
It makes total sense but it’s worth mentioning that you won’t earn cash back on balance transfers, cash advances, account fees, interest, or returned items. As you make qualifying purchases, the Purchase Tracker will keep a running tab on what will earn you cash back.
What Are The Cash Back Redemption Options?
- Checks mailed to you
- Statement credits
- Gift cards
This is a cash back card so there is no rewards conversion necessary. The 1-2% that you earn is the value you can redeem for.
Citi’s Price Rewind
This is where you can register the purchases you’ve made with the Double Cash card online and get money back. Citibank will search for these items online at different retailers and will refund the difference if they find a lower price for it within 60 days of purchase. You can be refunded up to $300 per item, up to a maximum of $1,200 in refunds annually.
Late Fee Forgiveness
The first time you forget to pay your monthly credit card bill, Citi will waive the late fee. It should be noted that most credit card issuers will do this for you if you give them a call anyway.
Who’s This Card Good For?
- Users that don’t want to keep up with rotating categories and rewards limits on categories.
- Users that want to maximize rewards by using this card as a supplement to another card that earns higher cash back in spending categories.
Who’s This Card Bad For?
- Users looking for quicker short-term value with a sign-up bonus.
- Users wanting the option to redeem for flights, hotels, and other travel.
- Users who need a card to travel abroad. The Citi Double Cash will incur a 3% foreign transaction fee, so you’ll definitely need another option.
- Users who tend to spend a lot on certain categories that other cards give a higher rate towards, such as Travel, Dining, etc.
What’s The Competition?
- Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards: This is a great option that earns 1.5% cash back on every purchase, with no limit. It also comes with a cash bonus and is a solid alternative to the Citi Double Cash.
- The Barclaycard Arrival® Plus World Elite Mastercard® also earns unlimited 2 miles per $1 as well and comes with a great sign-up bonus.
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards
Barclaycard Arrival® Plus World Elite Mastercard®
- Best Bank Account Promotions And Bonuses November 2018
- BBVA Compass Bank Promotions: $150 To $250 Checking/Savings Bonuses
- TD Bank Promotions: $300 & $150 Checking Account Bonuses
- HSBC Bank $350 & $750 Checking Account Bonuses
- TD Ameritrade Promotions: $600, $1500, $2500 Cash Bonus Offers
- Best Savings Accounts And High Yield Rates November 2018
- CIT Bank Promotions: Online Savings Builder Account Offers 2.15% APY
- Chase Coupon Promo Codes: $200, $300, $350, $500 – November 2018
- Best Credit Card Sign-Up Bonus Offers November 2018
- HSBC Bank Advance Checking Account $350 Bonus Offer
- HSBC Bank Premier Checking Account $750 Bonus Offer
- Best CD Rates | Find & Compare CD Rates November 2018
- Ally Invest $3500 Bonus Cash & Free Trades Promotion
- Online HSBC Direct Savings Rate Offer: 2.01% APY (Available Nationwide)
- Best Cash Back Shopping Sites Everyone Should Be Using (Free Cash, Points, Rewards!)