This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Citi Double Cash Card is currently one of the best cash back credit cards for flexible spending. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of $200 cash back after spending $1,500 on purchases in the first 6 months of account opening.
- Update 11/22/2022: $200 offer is still available.
- Notice 11/10/2022: The $200 bonus could be ending soon – possibly on 11/14/2022.
This card fills the role as a long term, market-leading cash back rate option. You’ll earn 1% cash back on all your purchases, and then another 1% cash back once you pay off those purchases.
There is no cap on the amount of cash back you’ll receive at the maximum 2% rate. Be sure to pay at least the minimum due to earn the additional 1% cash back if you’re not paying off the balance in full each month.
There’s no annual fee, so this makes a good choice for low spenders as well as those who are looking to maximize rewards with multiple cards. Competitor cash back cards with no annual fee that earn on flexible spending typically earn 1% to 1.5%.
- 2% cash back on purchases: 1% when you buy and 1% as you pay with no categories, caps or annual fee.
- Your cash back will be earned in the form of ThankYou Points, meaning you’ll earn 1 point per $1 on purchases and 1 point per $1 paid on those purchases.
- You can redeem points for cash back as a statement credit, direct deposit, or mailed check.
- You can also redeem them for gift cards and travel, or shop with points at Amazon.com & others.
- To earn cash back, pay at least the minimum due on time.
- Enjoy no annual fee & 0% Intro APR for 18 months on balance transfers only; after that, the variable APR applies.
*Citibank offers good bonuses for their Checking accounts also.