Find all the new offers and bonus promotions from the Charles Schwab brokerage firm here. Along with TD Ameritrade (now acquired by Charles Schwab), we rank Charles Schwab as one of the best stock brokers for beginners (J.P. Morgan and Ally Invest are worth a comparison).
- Update 2/29/2024: You can also earn up to $2,500 for a brokerage transfer to Schwab. Read about it here.
- Update 9/26/2023: The offer for up to $1,000 is still available. Use our referral link to sign-up (thanks ahead of time!).
Charles Schwab is a brand well-known in the investment world. Founded in 1973, this brokerage firm now holds over 2.5 trillion in total client assets. You really can’t go wrong choosing this full-service broker.
Let’s review the current offers below.
READ MORE: FIND THE BEST INVESTING PROMOTIONS HERE
Up To $1000 Bonus With A Referred Charles Schwab Account:
Here are the details:
- Open an eligible account here to get your Bonus Award.
- Make a qualifying net deposit of cash or securities within 45 days.
- They’ll deposit the Bonus Award into your account about a week after the 45-day qualification period.
- $25,000–$49,999 deposit = $100 bonus
- $50,000–$99,999 = $300 bonus
- $100,000-$499,999 = $500 bonus
- $500,000+ = $1,000 bonus
Below is my personal referral link and I do not qualify for any incentive for you using it. Once you have an account open you can make referrals with the link below (your referrals will qualify for the $500 bonus; there is no incentive for you).
- My referral link (referral code REFERDY39VXW9): REFERRAL LINK
- You can find your own personal referral link after logging in once you have an active account.
- Offer valid for referred individuals who do not currently have a Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (“Schwab”) account (other than a Stock Plan Services account) and who open and make a qualifying net deposit into an eligible retail brokerage account within 45 days of enrolling in the offer.
- Net deposits are assets deposited into the enrolled account minus assets withdrawn from the account and transferred out of Schwab.
- Only outside assets new to Schwab qualify; assets transferred from affiliates other than Schwab Retirement Plan Services are excluded.
- Net deposits will be calculated as of the 45th day after enrollment, and the bonus award will be credited to the enrolled account within approximately one week.
- For taxable accounts, you must maintain the net deposit amount (less any market losses) at Schwab for at least one year or Schwab may charge back the bonus award.
- Schwab reserves the right to change the offer terms or terminate the offer at any time without notice.
- This offer is limited to one per account, with no more than one account enrolled per client.
- It does not apply to accounts managed by independent investment advisors, the Schwab Global Account™, ERISA-covered retirement plans, certain tax-qualified retirement plans and accounts, or education savings accounts.
- The bonus award, when combined with the value received from all other offers in the last 12 months, may not exceed $5,000 per household, as defined in the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for Individual Investors.
- This offer is not transferable, saleable, or valid in conjunction with other offers and is available to U.S. residents only.
- Employees, contractors, or persons similarly associated with Schwab or a Schwab affiliate; their spouses; and employees of any securities regulatory organization or exchange are not eligible.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- Consult with your tax advisor about the appropriate tax treatment for this offer and any tax implications associated with receipt before enrolling.
- Any related taxes are your responsibility.
- For taxable accounts, the bonus award will be reported on your Form 1099-INT.
- IRS guidance may impact your ability to make more than one IRA-to-IRA rollover in a one-year period.
Charles Schwab Starter Kit $101 Bonus Offer
New Schwab investors can earn a $101 bonus when they open a new Schwab account and fund it with $50 within 30 days from opening.
- After you fund the account, Schwab will deposit an additional $50 to invest in fractional shares of the top five stocks by market cap in the S&P 500 ($10 each) through Schwab Stock Slices.
- With the Schwab Starter Kit™ you will get educational tools and resources.
- The Schwab Starter Kit™ offer is only available to eligible new customers.
- To be eligible to receive the $50 cash bonus, you must be an individual who does not have a Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (“Schwab”) account (other than a Schwab Stock Plan Services account) and who: (1) opens a Schwab One individual taxable retail brokerage account and (2) deposits at least $50 into that account within 30 days of enrolling in the offer (only outside assets new to Schwab qualify; assets transferred from affiliates other than Schwab Retirement Plan Services are excluded).
READ MORE: SEEKING ALPHA LIMITED-TIME PROMO DISCOUNT
Charles Schwab High Yield Investor Checking Account
*Link this Online Checking account to a brokerage account with one of the above promotions
I love traveling, and discovered I needed a better solution for ATM withdrawals overseas, and while traveling in general. The High Yield Investor Checking Account is my secret weapon now. You can use the debit card at any ATM that accepts Visa worldwide. Compare this account with other top options for international travel.
Now here’s the best part – Charles Schwab doesn’t charge ATM fees anywhere, and they will reimburse you for ATM fees other banks/institutions charge!
You’ll have to open up a Charles Schwab brokerage account as well, but you’ll never have to use it, deposit funds into it, or keep any kind of balance while it’s linked to the Checking account. The reps understand people open up both accounts just to use the Checking, and will ask if you even have any interest in using the Brokerage services. This Checking accounts makes it onto our list of the Best Free Checking Accounts.