BusyKid (busykid.com) is an easy way for you to keep track of your kid’s chores and allowance. The money app and debit card also teach your child good money management habits with an array of tools.
BusyKid is an app that teaches children how to manage money before they head into the real world. They’re encouraged to perform household chores by getting an allowance sent to them via the platform. From there, kids have the option to spend their funds, support a charity, or save for a rainy day.
For parents, chores are recommended based on your child’s age, or you can create your own. Value and frequency can be customized. You can also choose to set up a regular allowance deposit, or provide one-time payments when chores are completed. Other notable features include:
- BusyKid Prepaid Visa Spend Card to give your kid the freedom to spend anywhere Visa is accepted. You’ll get to see every transaction they make.
- Parental approval to load funds to the debit card.
- Send one-time bonuses for when your child goes above and beyond.
- Match your kid’s savings up to 100% of any new money they save each week.
- BusyPay lets family and friends send money directly to your child’s BusyKid account by easily scanning a QR code or visiting a URL.
- Allows multiple parent users per child account.
To keep your account safe, BusyKid uses bank-level security and funds are insured by the FDIC.
BusyKid charges $3.99 per month for their services. This includes access to the app and up to five debit cards. If you choose to pay annually, you’ll save 20%. Plus, if you’re not satisfied, there’s a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The BusyKid chore app and Visa Debit Card teach your child to manage their money, so they can master earning, spending, saving, sharing, and investing from an early age.