This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Get up to $15 when you use the new “Send & Split” feature on your Amex card with this targeted promotion via Amex Offers. See details below.
Enjoy up to $15 back when you use the new “Send & Split” feature on your enrolled Card.
This promotion ends January 17, 2023.
What is Send & Spend
With “Send & Split,” U.S. Amex cardholders who are eligible can send money to any other PayPal or Venmo user. Cardholders can also split purchases with customers of PayPal and Venmo. They can also choose to get their money sent straight to their card.
Amex Send & Split works perfectly for paying someone back for a group gift or splitting costs with a friend through PayPal or Venmo. All aspects of this feature is done through the Amex app.
- Prepaid Cards, American Express Corporate Cards, American Express Small Business Cards, American Express-branded cards or account numbers issued by other financial institutions and American Express Cards issued outside of the United States are not eligible Cards.
- You may use Send & Split with an Additional consumer Card that is issued in the US by American Express National Bank and is not cancelled if you also have an eligible Card in the same Online Account and that Online Account is enrolled in Send & Split.
- You must have or create an account with Venmo or PayPal and link your Online Account to your PayPal or Venmo account to use Send & Split.
- Add Money transaction does not earn rewards and is subject to the Card’s purchase APR.
- PayPal charges a fee to Send to non-US recipients.
- With Split, you can split pending or posted purchases that are made with your eligible Card in your Amex App. Once you select a purchase to Split, select the contacts you want to request to Split with.
- Choose to get paid back as a statement credit or to your linked Venmo or PayPal account.
- Split credits to your Card account apply when we receive confirmation that the Split request was completed but may take 24-36 hours to post to your Card account.
- You earn rewards for purchases that you split in the same way that you earn rewards for other purchases.
About Amex Offers
Amex Offers are extra perks that come with all American Express credit cards, charge cards, and even prepaid cards.
You can get a statement credit or more Membership Rewards points when you spend a certain amount at an eligible merchant. You will have to add the offer to a specific card and then use that card to get the credit.
You should put the offer on the card you like best. Each person can only get one Amex Offer at a time. The same offer can be used both as a Membership Rewards offer and as a statement credit offer.
The Send & Split feature is a useful option that makes it easier to send money through PayPal or Venmo. It gives you the option to send money now and pay for it later, like most credit card transactions.
If you’re looking for more money-savings deals, find them here.