- Editor Rating
- Rated 4 stars
- US Bank Silver Business Package Checking Review
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
The U.S. Bank Silver Business Package Checking account is a worthy option and makes it onto our list of best free business checking accounts.
It’s marketed as a simple business checking account for businesses with limited transaction activity. Compared to all the accounts available from the largest banks in the nation, this is one of the better free business checking options.
Established in 1863 and headquartered in Cincinnati, OH, US Bank is one of the biggest banks in the United States with over 3200 locations across these states: AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NM, NV, OH, OR, SD, TN, TX, UT, WA, WI, and WY. It’s big footprint plays a great part in why this account is a good choice for many businesses.
What Makes The Silver Business Package Checking One Of The Best?
The Silver Business Package Checking has no monthly fee, qualifying it as a free Checking account. While it avoids this fee that many other business accounts incur, it doesn’t avoid the Transactions and Cash Deposit limits that are so common with business Checking accounts.
You’ll receive 150 transactions a month at no charge, which include banking needs like deposits, debit card purchases and online payments. Going over that limit, you’ll get charged 50 cents per transaction.
With the Cash Deposit limit, you’ll get charged a typical 15 to 20 cents per additional $100 deposit over the limit. This fee will vary a bit state to state. The limit is 25 “units” every month in cash deposits. The limit isn’t straightforward, and each unit is a cash deposit divided by 100, which is then rounded to a whole number. So, if you deposit $290 in one transaction, the 2.90 is rounded up to 3 units towards the 25 unit monthly maximum.
While these fees are definitely something to consider, businesses with limited transaction and cash deposit needs will find this is a great fit for a Business Checking account with no monthly fee.
Compare the Silver Business Package Checking account to the Chase Total Business Checking®, which has a $12 monthly fee that is easily waived with a $1,500 minimum daily balance. Even better, you’ll be able to earn a great sign-up bonus with this account from Chase.
Every Silver Business Package Checking account comes with:
The Silver Business Package gives you these valuable extras:
Fees & Disclosures:
No Monthly Maintenance Fee. There are no checking account maintenance fees or minimum balance requirements with a Silver Business Package Checking account.
Item Fees. $0.50 for each transaction above 150 per statement cycle
- HSBC Bank $350 & $750 Checking Account Bonuses
- Best Savings Accounts And High Yield Rates July 2018
- Best Bank Account Promotions And Bonuses July 2018
- Barclays Arrival® Premier World Elite Mastercard®: Earn 75k Miles Yearly
- Best Brokerage Promotions And Bonuses July 2018
- CIT Bank Promotions: Online Money Market Account 1.85% APY Offer
- Chase Coupon Promo Codes: $200, $300, $350, $500 – July 2018
- TD Bank Promotions: $300 & $150 Checking Account Bonuses
- Chase Total Checking Account Bonus: $200 Coupon Available Online
- Chase Premier Plus Checking℠ Bonus: $300 Coupon Offer
- Best CD Rates | Find & Compare CD Rates July 2018
- Barclaycard Arrival® Plus World Elite Mastercard® 60,000 Bonus Miles ($630 Value)
- Best Credit Card Sign-Up Bonus Offers July 2018
- Chase Bank Business Checking Promotion: $200 Sign-Up Cash Bonus
- Best Online Brokers For Trading Stocks July 2018