Read about the latest promotions and offers from Provident Bank here, which have typically been $100 to $300 in bonus money.
Established in 1829 and headquartered in Jersey City, New Jersey, Provident Bank has nearly 90 locations throughout the New Jersey and Pennsylvania regions.
READ MORE: GET TOP OFFERS FROM CHASE, AXOS, BANK OF AMERICA, TD BANK AND U.S. BANK.
Provident Bank offers a full line of banking products, most notably their high yield Smart Checking account. For Savings and CD accounts, it’s best to use our comparison pages for better rates: Savings Rates | CD Rates.
We’ll review the current offers below.
[Expired] Provident Bank Checking Account $250 Bonus
- $250 bonus offer expires 10/12/2019
- Offer available in NJ and PA
- Direct deposit is required for the bonus
- Minimum opening deposit is $50
- Application will trigger a Soft Pull, which does not affect your credit
- There’s an early account termination fee of $15 if account is closed within 6 months of opening
How To Earn The $250 Bonus
- Open a new Provident FREE $mart Checking account in person at any Provident branch; deposit $50 or more at account opening; have your direct deposit or one ACH automatic debit made to this account within 60 days of account opening.
- After you have completed all the above requirements, including keeping your account in good standing and not overdrawing your account, they’ll deposit the cash bonus in your new account within 75 days of the last day of the promotion, which is Saturday October 12th.
How To Waive The Monthly Fee
FREE $mart Checking has no monthly fees.
- Please note Teacher’s Village (Newark) and Metropark (Iselin) are closed on Saturday, October 12, 2019.
- Current personal checking customers are not eligible for this offer.
- Refer to Official Contest Rules at any Provident Bank branch location.
Provident Bank $25/$50 Referral Bonus
- What you’ll get: $25/$50 bonus
- Where it’s available: NJ, PA
- How to earn it:
- $25 bonus for referring personal accounts.
- $50 bonus for referring business accounts.
- Receive up to 20 referral bonuses per calendar year.
- When it expires: Not listed
READ MORE: SEE THE BEST BANK BONUSES HERE AND THE BEST INVESTING BONUSES HERE.
What do you mean by “Direct Deposit is optional for the bonus – can opt for ACH debit”? Does that mean I could transfer funds from my CapitalOne 360 account into this account and that would satisfy the requirement?
The terms specifically state “direct deposit or one ACH automatic debit made to this account within 60 days of account opening”. It just has to code as an ACH debit sent from your Capital One 360 account. Sorry I can’t say for certainty the type of transfer you’re referring to will code as an ACH debit. Try sending it your intended method to another account if you have one?