This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Northern Bank Direct is the online division of Northern Bank, which is headquartered in Woburn, MA and was established in 1960. Being available online only, the accounts from Northern Bank Direct are going to be much better than traditional banks.
Accounts must be opened online with Northern Bank Direct, but you can actually make transactions at any of the physical Northern Bank branch locations.
Northern Bank Direct Money Market Details
There is no minimum to open and there are no monthly service fees.
- Member of the SUM Program, so you can avoid ATM surcharges by using participating ATMs
- Minimum of $0 to open
- Average daily balances up to $250,000 will earn the highest stated APY
- No monthly service charges
- Minimum of $5,000 to open
- Complimentary standard checks
Good rates but better can be found with the competition.