This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Unleash Your Caregiving Potential with Givers: The Platform That Empowers Unpaid Family Caregivers to Get the Support They Deserve
Unpaid family caregivers in the United States provide a significant amount of care for older adults and individuals with disabilities. According to a study by AARP Public Policy Institute, approximately 41 million unpaid family caregivers provided an estimated 34 billion hours of care, worth a staggering $470 billion, to their parents, spouses, partners, and friends in 2017. That number has only grown since that study was published.
Caregivers provide care for their loved ones in a variety of ways, including helping with activities of daily living, managing medications, and providing emotional support. Many unpaid family caregivers also experience physical and emotional strain as a result of their caregiving responsibilities.
The government and healthcare system wants to pay and support family caregivers, but the programs can be difficult to find and overly complex to apply for.
That is why we want to introduce to you Givers, a savings and support platform for family caregivers. Through their dedicated debit card, Givers offers family caregivers the financial tool that automates access to benefits programs and resources they deserve.
Millions of caregivers are eligible for thousands of dollars in government benefits, and Givers makes it easy to claim what you are qualified for.
Givers support unpaid family caregivers in the following ways:
- Givers Card: They provide members with a self-funded Visa debit card to silo their care-related expenses and manage their finances.
- Savings: They identify and simplify the complicated application process for entitlements that caregivers don’t even know exist.
- Online Tax Filing: A tax credit for caregivers is one of the savings Givers identified. That is why they offer a tax filing experience that streamlines and highlights the credits that many caregivers overlook.
- Shop: They curate and negotiate huge deals on the best caregiver-relevant products that caregivers don’t have the time and energy to find.
- Coaching: They provide one-on-one professional emotional, educational, and logistical support.
Let’s take a closer look at the Givers Card and tax filing service below.
Givers Visa Debit Card
Givers offer family caregivers a bank account and debit card as the backbone of their Givers experience. It is completely free to open an account with Givers.
The Givers Card is a Visa debit card that you pay for yourself. Debit cards are easy to use, just like credit cards, but instead of spending money you borrowed and have to pay back at the end of the year, you spend money you already have in your account.
- The card works at ATMs globally and for payment with any merchant that accepts Visa.
- By using your Givers Card exclusively for care-related expenses, Givers will be able to help you identify avenues for reimbursement, and you can separate your caregiving expenses to keep the rest of your financial life organized.
- All Givers cardholders gain access to a dedicated caregiving coach, a private caregiver community to learn and get support from, and tons of perks and benefits like savings on common caregiver supplies and services.
- Givers will start analyzing your profile from the moment you signup, and continuously through your spending on your Givers Card, to find you all of the savings you qualify for.
- They will notify you when they find programs you qualify for.
Givers Tax Filing
For the tax season beginning January 17, 2023, users will be able to file their taxes online through Givers.
Why: One of the major opportunities for family caregivers to save money is by claiming the often-overlooked Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit. In 2017, the latest year for which data are available, there was $3.2B in tax credit claimed through the CDCTC. Only $119M was claimed by those taking care of older adults, the rest by those taking care of children. Many family caregivers don’t realize that they can claim this tax credit, which can be worth $1,700+.
What: Givers streamlines the process for claiming the CDCTC by offering an embedded tax filing experience beginning January 17, 2023 through the end of the tax filing season.
Tax filing features:
- Streamlined caregiver tax credits that many people miss
- Ability to see total refund and tax credit amount before submitting and paying
- Givers cardholders can get their refund up to 5 days early
- Low cost with no hidden fees (other filing solutions end up costing $350+)
- Federal and state filings included, no upgrades required
- Filing takes less than an hour compared to other solutions that can take 4+ hours
- Maximum refund guarantee: designed to get you all the tax credits and deductions you are eligible for! File with peace of mind knowing that you will get your maximum refund.
- Accuracy guarantee: Givers stand behind the accuracy of their calculations. If you pay an IRS penalty because of a calculation error, they’ll pay the penalty and interest for you.
- Audit support: If you receive an audit letter for your return, they’re here to support you.
Family caregivers in America are under-appreciated.
Not only do you not get paid, but the average caregiver spends thousands of dollars per year taking care of their loved ones (according to AARP). Even when there are programs to support you, such as the $1,700 Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit, they are often complex and hard to find.
Givers makes it easier by automating your savings and helping you access benefits programs and get discounts on best-in-class caregiver products and services.
READ MORE: See The Best Bank Promotions Here And The Best Investing Promotions Here
Leave a Reply