This bonus offer (up to $35) is only for those who have already opened an eligible account, such as The Fidelity Account® or the Fidelity® Cash Management Account.
- Update 11/19/2023: The offer is still $25 or $50.
- Update 10/17/2023: The offer is $25 or $50 now. See the offer link for more details. For more brokerage account offers, see this link.
- Update 1/31/2023: Offer has returned and now you can get up to $35. The $10 portion expires 12/31/2023. the additional $25 portion expires 2/14/2023.
To get your hands on the $10 bonus award, just log-in to Fidelity.com by December 31st, 2023 and check out your account. You can use the bonus to start investing. But if you don’t log-in at all by the end of the year, Fidelity might charge back the cost of the bonus.
If you want to bump up that bonus another $25, all you have to do is link your external bank account between January 30th, 2023 and February 14th, 2023. It’s super easy to do – just click the “Link your account” button in the email you received, or head to the “Cash Management” page on Fidelity.com and follow the steps. Or, you can follow these steps: log-in to Fidelity.com, go to the “Accounts and Trade” section, select “Transfers,” choose “Manage Bank Accounts,” then “Link a New Bank Account” and voila! Your bonus will be credited to your account within 15 calendar days.
But here’s the catch, to keep the bonus, you need to keep it in your account for at least 90 days from the date it was credited. So, no big withdrawals or transfers allowed during that time, or Fidelity might charge you back the cost of the bonus. And don’t forget, the bonus will be initially held in your eligible account’s core position, which you chose during the account opening process.
The $10 and $25 bonus reward deposited by Fidelity will be initially held in the eligible account’s core position. You were provided information regarding the available core positions for the account type you selected during the account opening process. Depending on the account type you selected, you may have had the option of selecting a money-market fund sponsored by a Fidelity affiliate as your core position. No further investment or trading is required to qualify for the offer.
You could lose money by investing in a money market fund. An investment in a money market fund is not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency. Before opening an account and selecting a money market fund as your core position, read the money market fund’s prospectus for policies specific to that fund. A copy of this prospectus will be made available to you during the account opening process.
This offer is nontransferable and limited to $35 total per individual.
Cumulative bonus awards credited to taxable accounts associated with your social security number or tax identification number, as applicable, including those held at an affiliate of Fidelity, totaling $600 or more within a calendar year will appear on your consolidated Form 1099. You are encouraged to consult with your tax professional about appropriate tax reporting and treatment relating to this bonus award and the deposit of the bonus award in your account. Any taxes resulting from the bonus award are your responsibility.
So, what do we think about this Fidelity bonus offer? On one hand, it’s a great opportunity for eligible existing customers to get a little extra money in their account. And let’s face it, who doesn’t love a bonus? But on the other hand, there are a few important things to keep in mind before jumping on board.
For starters, only certain accounts are eligible, so make sure you check if yours qualifies. And remember, this offer is only available to one person per individual, so if you’ve already claimed it, you won’t be able to get it again.
Also, it’s important to be aware of the requirements to retain the bonus. You have to log-in to your account by the end of the year and link your bank account by a specific date. And don’t forget, the bonus money must be kept in the account for at least 90 days.
Lastly, it’s important to remember that bonus awards over $600 within a calendar year will appear on your consolidated Form 1099, and you’ll be responsible for any taxes that result. So, it’s always a good idea to consult with a tax professional to understand the tax reporting and treatment related to this bonus.
- Best Fidelity Investing Bonuses, Promotions December 2023
- Fidelity Spire Promotions: $50 New Account, $5 Sign-Up & $5 Referrals Bonuses
- Fidelity Promotion: $100 Bonus Cash Management Or Investing Account – Offer Decreased From $150
- Fidelity Bloom Promo: $130 Bonus For $50 Deposit
- Fidelity Bloom Enters The Metaverse: Enter For A Chance To Win $25,000
- U.S. Bank & Fidelity Cards: $10 Back with Internet, Cable, Or Cell Phone Payment – Ends 5/31/23
- U.S. Bank & Fidelity Cards: $10 Back with $250 Online Spend – Ends 3/31/23
- Best Modern Health Savings Account (HSA) Providers of 2023
- U.S. Bank & Fidelity Cards: $10 Back with Insurance Payment – Ends 2/28/23
- Fidelity Youth Account $50 Welcome Bonus Offer – No End Date
- Fidelity: Free TurboTax Premier (Targeted)
- Fidelity Rewards Card Deal: $10 Bonus Using Paypal In November & December
- Fidelity Go Review: Robo-Advisor With Low Management Fees
- Fidelity Crypto: Fidelity To Offer Commission Free Crypto Trading
- Fidelity Cash Management Account & Fidelity Debit Card: ATM Reimbursements Worldwide
- Best Int’l Banks With Branches Worldwide | Digital Nomads & Expats