- Editor Rating
- Rated 4.5 stars
- Consumers Credit Union Free Checking
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- PopularityEditor: 80%
- ValueEditor: 95%
- 1 Consumers CU Free Checking Features
- 2 How To Join Consumers CU
- 3 Final Thoughts
- 4 TD Bank Promotions: $300 & $150 Checking Account Bonuses
- 5 BBVA Compass Bank Promotions: $150 To $250 Checking/Savings Bonuses
- 6 Chase Student Checking Promotions: $100 Chase College Checking℠ Bonus
- 7 HSBC Bank $350 & $750 Checking Account Bonuses
- 8 Chase Coupon Promo Codes: $200, $300, $350, $500 – November 2018
- 9 HSBC Bank Advance Checking Account $350 Bonus Offer
- 10 HSBC Bank Premier Checking Account $750 Bonus Offer
- 11 Simple Bank Review: Unlimited $20 Bonuses & Top Savings Rate Offer
- 12 CIT Bank Promotions: Online Savings Builder Account Offers 2.15% APY
- 13 Chase Premier Plus Checking℠ Bonus: $300 Coupon Offer
- 14 Chase Bank Business Checking Promotion: $200 Sign-Up Cash Bonus
- 15 Chase Total Checking Account Bonus: $200 Coupon Available Online
How does a 4.59% APY sound?!
If you’re looking for a Free Online Checking Account that offers interest and rewards, consider opening a Consumers Credit Union Free Rewards Checking Account.
These accounts acquire interest with an annual percentage rate of up to 4.59% on balances as high as $20,000.
Anyone can enroll for this account type, whether they are a new client or existing member of the Credit Union. This account is available nationwide, regardless of where you live or work.
Consumers CU Free Checking Features
Aside from a it’s earning potential, the Free Rewards Checking Account offers a host of free services including:
Keep In Mind Some Fees
While there are many free features of this account, be sure to read all of Consumers Credit Union’s terms and conditions to learn about their fee schedule.
Each time you overdraft your account via withdrawal, you incur a $30 fee. You can set up automatic transfers to cover an overdraft from a separate account for a fee of $10. For each withdrawal made via ATM/Visa card (after six withdrawals) you’ll be charged $1.00. Domestic bank wire transfers are $20.
ATM Refund Requirements
In order to qualify for unlimited ATM refunds and specific APY rates, you must meet certain requirements based on your checking account balance and monthly activity. Meet the requirements for one of the below APY tiers to earn unlimited ATM refunds.
Earn 3.09% APY on balances up to $10,000
|Accounts with balances up to $10k can earn a 3.09% APY if they meet the following requirements:
Earn 3.59% APY on balances up to $15,000
|Accounts with balances up to $15k can earn 3.59% APY if they meet all of the requirements above and spend $500 or more in Consumers Credit Union Visa Credit Card purchases (must clear and be transmitted to Consumers Credit Union to be applied towards the month the purchases were made. Keep in mind, it can take three days or more.)|
Earn 4.59% APY on balances up to $20,000
|Lastly, accounts with balances up to $20k can earn 4.59% APY if they meet all of the requirements above and spend $1000 or more in Consumers Credit Union Visa Credit Card purchases.|
How To Join Consumers CU
Joining is easy. In order to join Consumers Credit Union you must first become a member of the Consumers Cooperative Association, which only costs a one-time $5 Membership fee.
If you choose to apply for the Free Checking Account, payment for membership to the Consumers Cooperative Association can be done at the end of the application process.
Consumers Credit Union offers accounts that don’t meet the APY requirements a 0.01% APY dividend. With this in mind, the Consumers Credit Union Free Rewards Checking Account is most valuable to clients who are able to meet the standards for one of the APY tiers set by Consumers Credit Union. If you can meet the requirements for the 4.59% APY rate, that’s pretty much at the top of the market for rates currently.