Ah, the sweet life of a student! Between juggling classes, textbooks, and instant ramen, we all need a break sometimes. If you’re a student and have been contemplating Amazon Prime Student membership, let’s talk about what it has to offer.
Signing up for Amazon Prime Student membership is simple. All you need is your university name and graduation year, or you can use your .edu email address.
Membership Discounts: What’s the Catch?
Amazon Prime Student starts things off with a 6-month free trial. After the trial, you’ll be paying $7.49 per month. If you who hate monthly charges, there’s an annual option for $69. That’s about half the price of the standard Amazon Prime membership.
Bonus Amazon Benefits: Are They Worth It?
- With Amazon Prime Student, you’ll get Prime Video channels at $.99 per month for up to a year. This includes Showtime, Epix, and so many more.
- Amazon Music Unlimited is $5.99 per month.
- You get two months of Kindle Unlimited for free.
- If you have friends who like deals as much as you do, refer them to Amazon Prime Student and both of you get Amazon credit.
- You also get $5 off Amazon Warehouse purchases.
Other Benefits: More Than Just Amazon
Amazon Prime Student is like that gift that keeps on giving. You get a free year of Grubhub+ (hello, midnight snacks!), 6 months of LinkedIn Premium, and travel discounts with StudentUniverse.
And since college life can get a little crazy, you get three months of the Calm app for free.
- 6-month free trial of Amazon Prime Student.
- After trial, $7.49/month or $69/year.
- Prime Video channels for $.99/month for the first year.
- Amazon Music Unlimited for $5.99/month.
- Refer a friend and earn Amazon credits.
- $5 off Amazon Warehouse purchases.
- Free year of Grubhub+.
- 6 months free LinkedIn Premium.
- 3 months free access to Calm app.
- 10% off travel with StudentUniverse.
The Bottom Line
The Amazon Prime Student membership has a lot of perks and the 6-month free trial is a nice way to get started.
If you’re not into binge-watching, e-books, or ordering takeout at 2 am, this might not be for you. Plus, after the trial, you’ve got to remember that it will start charging you, and as a student, every penny counts.
So, if you’re the type who will milk this for all it’s worth, go for it! But if you’re more of a minimalistic soul, this could be an overload of stuff you don’t need.
When you spend $25 or more on Amazon, shipping is free. If you have Amazon Prime, you can also get free one-day shipping on most things that Amazon sells directly. If you are a student or have an SNAP EBT or Medicaid card, you can save money on a Prime membership. You can also sign up for a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime.
Here are more of the best Amazon deals:
- Amazon Black Friday Deals 2023
- Best Amazon Deals: Save Up To 75% On Amazon Basics Products – Last Chance Items
- Best Amazon Deal: Get $10 Off At Amazon When You Make Discover Your Default Card
- Best Amazon Deals: Up To 50% Off Coupons & Promo Code For November 2023
- Best Amazon Deals: Up To 80% Off Prime Member Coupons For November 2023
- Amazon Deal: $50 Off Amazon Fresh Order of $100 Promo Code FRESH50 FRESHSAVE50- Ends 12/31/23
- Best Amazon Deals: Up To 60% Holiday Deals 2023
- Best Amazon Deal: Get $50 Off At Amazon When You Pay With U.S. Bank Rewards
- Best Amazon Deals: Get Up To 60% Off With Amazon Daily Deals
- Amazon Deal: Up To 40% Off (Up To $60) When Using AmEx Membership Rewards Point
- Best Amazon Deals: Prime Members Get Up To 40% Off
- Best Amazon Deal: Prime Members Get 20% Discount When Spend $50
READ MORE: FIND MORE AMAZON DEALS AND PROMOTIONS HERE