This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Alaska Airlines Business Visa credit card by Bank of America has major positive and negative changes in the new year. Some changes are in effect now, while others will go live on 3/31/23. See details below.
Alaska Airlines Business Card Changes in 2023
If you’re an Alaska Airlines Business Visa credit cardholder or you’re thinking of applying for the card, keep the 2023 changes listed below. We previously reported similar changes to the Alaska Airlines personal visa credit card.
Positive Changes (in effect now or 3/31/23)
- Priority boarding (now). Like the personal version of the card, the Bank of America Alaska Airlines Business Credit Card now gives the primary cardholder, employee cardholders, and up to six companions on the same reservation priority boarding. The same rule applies: you must use the card to pay for your ticket in order to get the benefit. when you pay with your card.
- Alaska Lounge+ discount (now). $100 discount off an annual Alaska Lounge+ Membership when you pay with your card.
- 10% rewards bonus (March 2023). Members of the Bank of America Alaska Airlines Business Credit Card who have a qualifying company or business account with Bank of America will get a 10% bonus on miles they earn with the card. Accounts like business checking, business savings, business certificates of deposit (CDs), and Merrill business investment accounts are eligible.
- 2X miles on select categories (March 2023). There are new 2x bonus categories on the Bank of America Alaska Airlines Business Credit Card. At that time, cardholders can earn 2 miles for every dollar spent on:
- Gas (service stations, automated fuel dispensers, marinas, marine service and supplies, and fuel dealers of fuel oil, wood, coal, and liquefied petroleum)
- Local transportation, such as ridesharing (local and suburban commuter transportation, including ferries, passenger railways, taxicabs, limousines, bus lines, tolls, and bridge fees)
- Shipping (air or ground courier services, motor freight carriers)
Negative Changes (in effect 3/31/23)
- Annual fee. The annual fee is increasing from $75 to $95 per year
- Alaska Lounge+ benefit. Previously, the Alaska Airlines Visa Credit Card gave a 50% discount on one-time passes to Alaska Lounges (San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York-JFK only). This benefit will be replaced with a $100 discount off an annual membership.
- First checked bag free. The Bank of America Alaska Airlines Business Credit Card has the same changes to the checked bag benefit as the personal version of the card. Employee cardholders on Alaska Airlines, Horizon Air, and SkyWest can now get a free checked bag for themselves and up to six other people on the same reservation. You’ll have to use the card to pay for your fare in order to get the benefit.
- Unlimited miles
- Get an Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare every year
- Free checked bag
- No international transaction fees
- $50 annual fee