This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Maven is no longer accepting new members and is winding down markets. See their website for updates.
Through Maven’s referral program, you’ll get a $15 discount on your first Car Sharing booking, or a $200 discount on your first Maven Gig booking. You’ll also get a $15 bonus credit for every person you refer to the Car Sharing app, a $100 bonus for every car owner you refer, as well as a $200 bonus credit for every person you refer to Maven Gig. Other referral promos here.
With today’s rideshare services, electric scooters and public transit, the need to own a car is dwindling. But sometimes, having access to one could be more useful than your other options. Sure, you have traditional car rental companies like Avis and Enterprise. But there’s now a new crop of car-sharing services that’s more high-tech and at a lower cost.
A General Motors product, Maven is a peer-to-peer (P2P) car-sharing platform that allows car owners to list their vehicles – newer GM models only – for rent when they’re not in use. If you think it sounds a lot like AirBNB, but for GM vehicles, you’re correct!
Maven offers two types of rentals: Car Sharing and Maven Gig. Car Sharing is for short-term rentals and is available by the hour or by the day, while Maven Gig offers cars for rideshare jobs and is available by the week.
Maven New User $15 or $200 Discounts
New Maven users get a discount off their first booking with a referral code.
Referral codes you can use:
For Maven Gig, you’ll get $200 off when you download the Maven app and apply a referral code. We don’t have any Maven Gig codes at the moment. If you would like to share yours, please comment below.
Car Sharing & Maven Gig Referral Bonuses
Get a $15 ride credit for every person that uses your unique referral code to register for Car Sharing and completes their first Maven drive. Each of your Car Sharing referrals will also get a $15 discount towards their first drive.
The bonus jumps to $200 when you refer your friends and family to Maven Gig. And each of your Maven Gig referrals will also get a $200 discount towards their first drive.
- Tap on the three horizontal dots in the app.
- Tap on “Invite a Friend” at the top of your screen.
- Get your unique referral code and send it to your friends and family.
- Get your referral bonus when they apply your code for their first trip.
Car Owner $100 Referral Bonuses
Refer a friend and get a $100 credit for each new owner that signs up and lists their car with Maven. There’s no limit to the number of people you can refer, but this offer does end June 30, 2020. Here are the program terms.
- Use this URL when posting and emailing: https://www.maven.com/us/en/owners.html
- Your referrals must mention your name when they set up their onboarding appointment.
- Your referral’s new car must be activated before July 31, 2020.
How Maven Works
Maven connects GM car owners with people who want to rent it out, either for the short term or to use for their rideshare gig.
For car owners, Maven lets you put your unused car to work. Here’s how to do it in four easy steps:
- Enroll your car. Take just 5 minutes to answer some questions about you and your car.
- Get onboard. A Maven technician will pick up your car to install keyless access, take professional photos and set up your OnStar account for 24/7 support.
- Rent it out. Your car will be available on Maven within 24 hours.
- Earn money. Get 60% from each rental. Payouts are once a week.
- $1,000,000 liability coverage, including comprehensive and collision.
- OnStar Safety and Security coverage.
- Keyless access for drivers (worth $200).
- Complimentary 4G LTE WiFi hotspot to connect up to 7 devices (for compatible vehicles only).
- Get a $150 bonus for listing your car with Maven for 3 months. To qualify, it must be available to rent 50% of the month.
Maven lets you reserve, unlock and pay for your rental with ease from within the app. It’s a much quicker process than what you’d experience with a traditional car rental company. Here’s how it works:
- Using the map in app, check for available cars nearby. When you see a Maven car you want to rent, tap on it to see more information and to reserve it.
- After making the reservation, find the vehicle with the app’s built-in navigation. When you get to your Maven car, use the app to unlock it.
- Drive your Maven vehicle. When you’re done, return the car to where you picked it up and lock it via the app. Then tap “End Trip” to end the reservation.
Maven Car Sharing features:
- Premium technology like Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, 4G LTE WiFi and 24/7 OnStar service.
- Maintenence, gas and insurance.
- A wide range of vehicles: compact, electric, sedan and SUV.
Here’s what the pricing looks like (excluding taxes):
- Compact – $6.50+/hr
- Electric – $8+/hr
- Sedan – $8.50+/hr
- SUV – $13+/hr
Maven Car Sharing is a free lifetime membership. There are no annual or application fees. The service is available in Ann Arbor, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Toronto.
Need a car for rideshare driving, grocery and food delivery or package delivery? Maven Gig lets you rent cars on a weekly basis with no restrictions. Work for Uber, GrubHub and any eligible rideshare or delivery platform.
Check out the pricing below:
|Vehicle Type||Weekly Cost*|
*Does not include taxes and fees.
All rentals include:
- Unlimited mileage
- Unlimited routine maintenance
- Liability insurance
- No long-term commitment
- No deposit required
- Newer cars (2015-2019)
- 24/7 support
Maven Gig is available in Baltimore, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco and Washington D.C.
Want a newer GM vehicle to rent for a short term? Or for your rideshare gig? Maven is a solid option. Sign up today and get $15 off your first Car Sharing reservation or $200 off your first Maven Gig booking.
Top Offers You May Like
- Bank Of America $100 Bonus Offer
- Chase Business Complete Banking℠ $300 Bonus
- Chase Total Checking® $200 Bonus
- U.S. Bank Checking $300 Bonus
- BMO Harris $200/$350 Bonus
- TD Beyond Checking $300 Bonus
- HSBC Premier Checking $500 Bonus
- J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing $625 Cash
- Axos $150/$200 Bonuses