Makara by Betterment (makara.com) is offering nice incentives for new users and we’ll keep them updated here.
Makara is the only SEC-registered cryptocurrency robo-advisor on the market. The user experience is very simple, featuring curated, index-like products along with integrated education resources. For more on Makara and their referral offer, keep reading.
Update: Makara is now part of Betterment
Makara Bonus: $20 Crypto Offer
Sign up using our referral link below to earn $20 in crypto once you open and fund a new account with $50+ and maintain a deposit balance of $50+ for at least 6 months.
Then, share your personal link with friends and family to each get $20 in crypto when both accounts are funded.
Here’s our referral link for the sign-up incentive (thanks ahead of time!). If needed, the email associated with this referral link is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Both the initial user and the referred user must make a deposit into a Makara account and have a balance of at least $50. Once the deposits are in the account, both users will receive the altcoin referral reward.
- Referred users are required to maintain a deposit balance of at least $50 for 6 months. If withdrawals bring the balance below $50, Makara will take back the referral award from both the referrer and the referred user.
- Upon deposit receipt, altcoin referral rewards will be sold and transferred into your own basket allocation.
- Referral rewards received by any individual cannot exceed $1,000 in a 12-month period. If you have received $1,000 in the most recent 12-month period, then you will not be eligible to earn a referral reward until your total earned in the prior 12-month period is less than $1,000.
- Referral bonus and other reward amounts exceeding $600 will result in a 1099-MISC being issued.
- Individuals may not create and fund multiple accounts for themselves to earn rewards. Referred users must be distinct individuals from the initial user.
- Initial users and referred users must be eligible to open and maintain a Makara account. For example, currently all users must be US citizens.
- The referral program and the associated terms and conditions are subject to change at any time, without notice.
Makara is a Seattle-based investment advisor that is registered with the SEC. The company is set to launch automated services in crypto investments.
Created with crypto newbies in mind, Makara provides seven index-like allocations, called “baskets,” to invest with. These baskets are composed of different cryptocurrencies, where investors allocate money into a basket and they own the underlying coins in the basket. These baskets are auto-rebalanced, based on market conditions and the themes and parameters set for each basket.
Additionally, Makara provides self-serve content about cryptocurrencies and the industry, so you can have a deeper understanding of digital assets.
Makara is powered by custodian Gemini, and the digital assets based on the basket’s parameters are bought and stored in the investor’s segregated account. The company will handle transaction reporting for tax preparation.
Makara Pricing & Fees
Makara will charge a 1% management fee plus an annual fee (TBA). This fee structure is higher than established robo-advisors like Betterment and Wealthfront, where you can get started with an annual advisory fee of just 0.25%.
Makara is the only SEC-approved robo-adviser with a focus on cryptocurrencies.
See our cryptocurrency promotions page for the best offers.
Top Pages You May Like
Top/Trending Offers You May Like
- BMO Harris $200 & $350 Bonuses
- Chase Business Checking $300 Bonus
- Bank Of America $100 Bonus Offer
- Chase Total Checking® $200 Bonus
- TD Beyond Checking $300 Bonus
- HSBC Premier Checking $500 Bonus
- Aspiration Checking $150/$200 Bonus
- J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing $625 Cash
- Ally Invest Up To $3,000 Bonus
- Axos $100/$200 Checking & Savings Bonuses
- TradeStation Cash & Crypto Offers