This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
KeyBank is offering a $200 cash bonus when you open a new checking account and make one single direct deposit of at least $500 within 60 days after the account opening.
Update 11/11/2022: The offer has been extended until December 9, 2022. The new offer code is ONAS1122. See offer below.
KeyBank is also offering a $100 referral bonus. You can earn up to $500 per year. Read more about it here.
KeyBank Bonus: $200 Checking Offer
- What you’ll get: $200
- Where it’s available: AK, CO, CT, FL, ID, IN, ME, MA, MI, NY, OH, OR, PA, UT, VT, WA
- How to earn it:
- Open a Key Smart Checking®, Key Advantage Checking®, Key Privilege Checking®, or Key Privilege Select Checking® account online.
- Use offer code: ONAS1122
- Make ONE single direct deposit of at least $500 within 60 days after account opening.
- Your gift will be deposited into your account within 90 days if your account is open and not overdrawn.
- When it expires: 12/9/2022
Waive The Monthly Fee
- Key Smart Checking Account has no monthly service fees and no minimums
- As a Key Privilege client, you can avoid the $25 monthly Maintenance Service Charge if:
- You maintain a combined balance of $25,000 or more in any combination of deposit, investment, and credit accounts.
- You have a mortgage originated through KeyBank and you have an automatic payment deduction plan via ACH deducting $500 or more from your Key Privilege Checking Account during a statement cycle. If your mortgage automatic payment deduction plan should be discontinued, you may be subject to the combined balance requirements to avoid the monthly Maintenance Service Charge.
- You are a Key@Work program member and you have direct deposits totaling at least $2,500.00 or more credited to this Account during a statement period. If you leave your current employer and direct deposits stop, you may be subject to the combined balance requirement to avoid the monthly Maintenance Service Charge until direct deposits are reinstated.
- To avoid the $50 monthly Maintenance Service Charge for Key Privilege Select Checking Account, you must maintain a minimum of $100,000 in combined relationship balances (sweep investment, deposits and investment (including annuity balances reflected on your KIS account statement)) each statement cycle OR be a Key@Work program member and have a total of at least $5,000 in direct deposits each statement cycle credited to this Account.
- To avoid the $18 monthly Maintenance Service Charge for Key Advantage Checking Account, meet any of the following requirements:
- Any combination of balances from your KeyBank checking, savings deposit, certificates of deposit, retirement deposits, investment (including annuity balances reflected on your KIS account statement) and credit accounts was $10,000.00 or more.
- You have a KeyBank originated mortgage and you have automatic payment deducted via ACH deducting $500.00 or more from your Key Advantage Money Market Checking account during a statement cycle. If your mortgage automatic payment deduction plan should be discontinued, you may be subject to the combined balance requirements to avoid the monthly Maintenance Service Charge.
- You are a Key@Work program member and you have direct deposits totaling $1000.00 or more credited to your Key Advantage Money Market Checking account during a statement cycle. If you leave your current employer and direct deposits are discontinued, you may be subject to the combined balance requirement to avoid the monthly Maintenance Service Charge until direct deposits are reinstated by your new employer.
- You must open a Key Smart Checking® Account (this is the basic banking account in NY), Key Advantage Checking® Account, Key Privilege Checking® Account or Key Privilege Select Checking® Account by the expiration date at 11:59 p.m. (ET) and make ONE single KeyBank direct deposit of $500 or more within the first 60 days after account opening to get $200.
- Normal account service charges and balance requirements apply to these accounts, including the minimum opening deposit.
- Direct deposit transactions are limited to: payroll, Social Security, pension and government benefits.
- Accounts titled as Trust Accounts, Estate and No Access are excluded from eligibility.
- Employees of KeyBank, its affiliates and subsidiaries are not eligible for this offer.
- Limit one gift per qualifying account.
- Limit one gift per individual.
- The value of your gift will be reported on Form 1099-INT and deposited into your account within 90 days of meeting requirements.
- If you close your account within the first 180 days of account opening, you will be charged a $25 account early closure fee.
- Other miscellaneous charges may apply.
- Offer not available to individuals who have had a KeyBank checking account or a KeyBank Hassle-Free Account® in the last 12 months.
- Accounts overdrawn or closed at the time of gift payment are not eligible.
- Offer is subject to cancellation without notice and cannot be combined with any other offer.
- KeyBank is not responsible for, and will not honor, promotional offers that appear on non-KeyBank websites or that are not authorized by KeyBank.