This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Coincheck (coincheck.com) is one of the leading cryptocurrency exchanges in Asia with the largest Bitcoin trading volume in Japan since 2017. The Tokyo-based platform also offers a crypto lending service with interest of up to 5%, a Bitcoin prepaid Visa debit card, an NFT marketplace, and much more. We’ll take a closer look at Coincheck below.
|Supported Cryptocurrencies||BTC, ETH, ETC, XRP + 13|
|Buy Crypto w/Fiat||Yes (JPY, USD)|
|Derivatives & Futures||No|
|Customer Support||Email-based ticketing system|
(Japanese, English, Chinese, Indonesian)
|U.S. Customers||No access*|
Coincheck is a multilingual crypto exchange that allows members to trade both popular and liquid tokens, as well as a few altcoins. Services include:
- Margin trading with a maximum leverage of 1:5.
- Periodic Purchases, which allows you to automatically buy crypto every month and lower timing risk for your investments.
- Crypto lending, so you can earn up to 5% interest on the crypto you loan out.
- Crypto Payment for merchants that automatically converts crypto to JPY.
- Coincheck Denki, which lets users in Japan pay their electricity bills with BTC and earn cashback.
- Coincheck Gas. It’s the same as Denki, but with gas bills.
- Surveys. Answer questions and get rewarded with Bitcoin, Ethereum, or Ripple.
- Coincheck NFT, a marketplace where you can explore, buy, and sell NFTs.
- OTC trading for those who want to trade large amounts of crypto.
- Prepaid Visa debit card that can be loaded with BTC and automatically converts to fiat currency for transactions.
Plus, deposits and withdrawals are convenient with debit/credit card, bank transfer, and cryptocurrency options.
The platform employs multiple methods to keep your data and your funds safe: two-factor authentication, cold wallet, Secure Socket Layer client certificates, hashed passwords, and regular security audits.
Coincheck does not charge any trading fees, for makers and for takers, no matter how little or how much the transaction. That means buying and selling cryptocurrencies on the platform is free.
Coincheck is a solid option if you live in Japan, since the exchange focuses on the Japanese market. It boasts fiat currency support, free trading, prepaid Visa cards funded by Bitcoin, and plenty of enhanced security measures.