This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Find the latest promotions for student checking accounts from Bank of America updated here.
The Bank of America Advantage SafeBalance Banking® account is a great option for students. Bank of America’s network of over 16,000 free ATMs makes it easy for students with the account to get cash every day. You can also do all your banking in person at one of Bank of America’s branch locations (approximately 4,000).
Bank of America Advantage SafeBalance Banking® is different from most other checking accounts because it does not charge fees for overdrafts. When there isn’t enough money in a user’s account, transactions will be turned down and sent back unpaid. This keeps users from going overdrawn. You can also set up email or text message alerts to let you know when your account balance is low or when something hasn’t been paid.
Bank of America Advantage SafeBalance Banking® is a “checkless” checking account, which means that users can’t write their own checks. Zelle® is built into BoA’s mobile banking app, so account holders can send and receive money from other Zelle® users.
See the latest offer for the Bank of America Advantage SafeBalance Banking® account below.
See the Posts History below for all BofA offers.
Bank of America Student Checking Promotion
[Expired] Bank of America Advantage SafeBalance Banking® $50 Bonus Offer
- What you’ll get: $50 bonus
- How to earn it:
- To enroll in this offer, open a new SafeBalance Banking® account with student waiver through the offer page by October 31, 2022.
- Request a debit card with new account and make at least 10 Qualifying Debit Card Transactions within 60 days of account opening.
- Once complete, they will attempt to deposit your bonus in your new account within 60 days.
- Use offer code STADDACIS when opening your new account to enroll in this offer.
- When it expires: 10/31/2022
How To Waive The Monthly Fee
- No monthly maintenance fee for Students under age 25 enrolled in school or an educational or vocational program.
- Otherwise, $4.95 maintenance fee.
- Offer is available online only and is limited to individuals who have not owned or co-owned a Bank of America personal checking account within the last twelve (12) months and who can qualify as a Student (account owner under age 25 and enrolled in a school or an educational or vocational program).
- Fiduciary accounts (e.g., trusts) and business accounts are not eligible for this offer.
- Offer cannot be combined with any other checking offer and is limited to one bonus per account and per customer.
- Bank of America may change or discontinue this offer at any time before this date without notice.
The Bank of America Advantage SafeBalance Banking® account is a good student checking account option because it has a low minimum deposit, a small monthly fee (which students can avoid), and no overdraft or non-sufficient fund fees.
Posts History for BofA offers:
- Bank of America Checking Account $100 Bonus Offer – Ends 6/30/23
- Best Bank of America Promotions of January 2023 ($100 Offer & More)
- Bank of America Checking $300 Bonus Offer (Targeted) – Ends 4/30/2023
- Bank of America Business Checking Account $500 Bonus – Ended
- Merrill Edge Promotions: $600, Up To $750, and Up To $1,000 Investment Offers
- Bank of America Send Money With Zelle, Get $10 Bonus
- [Targeted] Bank of America Savings Account $100 Bonus