This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Home Shield (AHS) is now offering a $25 Amazon gift card when you purchase your AHS home warranty with a referral link. You’ll also get a $25 Amazon gift card for each person you refer to AHS. Other referral bonuses here.
American Home Shield offers protection against unexpected home repairs. But make sure you read the fine print. AHS contracts often carry many stipulations that limit when you can use your warranty.
Keep reading for more on American Home Shield and its current offers.
Bonus offer >> Get $200 cash for a new checking account with Chase…
American Home Shield $25 Welcome Offer
Get a $25 Amazon gift card when you purchase an AHS home warranty plan using a referral link. After 30 days, you’ll receive your bonus via email.
We don’t have a personal referral link to share. But, here’s one you can use:
American Home Shield: $25 Referral Bonuses
Get a $25 Amazon gift card for every person who purchases an AHS home warranty using your unique referral link. Each of your referrals will also receive a $25 Amazon gift card.
You’ll receive your bonus 30 days after your referral purchases their AHS warranty. You can earn a maximum of $600 in gift cards per calendar year.
American Home Shield: Features
No home inspection required. While some home warranty companies require inspection of your home systems and appliances before warranty approval, AHS does not.
Flexible plans. AHS offers three basic plans, but there’s a Build-Your-Own option as well. Choose exactly what you want covered.
Pick your service call fee. Choose between $75, $100 or $125. The higher the service call fee, the lower your monthly premium.
Huge network of technicians. AHS has a network of over 11,000 independent contractors and 45,000 service technicians.
24/7 service requests. Call AHS to request a service any time of the day or night. However, qualified repairs take place during normal business hours.
How American Home Shield Works
An AHS home warranty plan covers your home’s major systems or appliances (or both):
- Air conditioning
- Smoke detectors
- Ceiling fans
- Water heaters
- Garbage disposals
- Instant water dispensers
- Central vacuums
- Rekeying door locks
- Clothes washer
- Clothes dryer
- Built-in microwave ovens
- Trash compactors
- Free-standing ice makers
- Garage door openers
- Built-in food centers
- Swimming pool
- Hot tub
- Guest house
- Septic pump
- Well pump
When you have an unexpected home repair need, American Home Shield will send a technician to fix or replace the item. All you have to do is pay a small service call fee out of pocket.
Below are the types of damage covered and not covered by an AHS warranty:
Types of damages covered –
- Normal wear & tear
- Poor maintenance, rust or corrosion
- Improper installation
- Improper previous repair
- Unknown pre-existing conditions
Types of damages not covered –
- Misuse or neglect
- Lightning, fire, earthquake or other disaster
- Manufacturer’s defects
- Cosmetic damage
American Home Shield: Plans
AHS offers three types of plans with an option to build your own.
|Appliances Plan||10 appliances|
|Systems Plan||11 home major systems|
|Combo Plan||10 appliances & 11 home major systems|
The Build Your Own Plan is American Home Shield’s most flexible option, letting you cover the systems and appliances of your choosing.
American Home Shield: The Fine Print
Make sure you know what your home warranty will cover before signing on the dotted line. AHS usually includes the following stipulations in their contracts:
- “AHS has the sole right to determine, according to the terms of the contract, whether a covered item will be repaired or replaced.”
- “AHS is responsible for installing replacement equipment and part of similar features, capacity and efficiency, but not for matching dimensions, brand or color.”
- “Instances beyond AHS will provide you cash in lieu of the repair or replacement services. The amount will be based on what a consumer without this contract would pay after negotiating the best price for such services in your area.”
- “AHS will determine what services constitute an emergency and will make reasonable efforts to expedite emergency service.”
There are also limitations on exactly what components of each system or appliance are covered. For example, your plumbing might be covered, but not your sinks, bathtubs or showers.
It’s really up to you to decide if an American Home Shield warranty is worth your investment. Read the fine print, do the math and weigh your potential savings with the constraints of a home warranty.
Top Offers You May Like
- Bank Of America $100 Bonus Offer
- Chase Business Complete Banking℠ $300 Bonus
- Chase Total Checking® $200 Bonus
- U.S. Bank Checking $300 Bonus
- BMO Harris $200/$350 Bonus
- TD Beyond Checking $300 Bonus
- HSBC Premier Checking $500 Bonus
- J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing $625 Cash
- Axos $150/$200 Bonuses