- Editor Rating
- Rated 4 stars
- Sallie Mae Banking
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- PopularityEditor: 85%
- ValueEditor: 85%
Read about Sallie Mae banking promotions and offers for their Money Market, Savings and CD accounts here.
Sallie Mae, often thought of in terms of student loans, is in the top 2% of banks nationally and boasts one of the highest Money Market rates in the nation with no minimums or monthly fees.
Link a couple of their programs together and over time, you can build up a substantial amount for tuition, educational necessities or for something else altogether.
Sallie Mae Accounts
Sallie Mae offers a Money Market Account, Upromise GoalSaver Account and Certificates of Deposit.
With their high yield accounts, no monthly service fees, no minimum balances, 10% match program and many more pros, there has never been a better time to look into the options for saving for college and beyond.
- 1.30% APY Rate
- No minimum balance, no minimum balance and no monthly fees
- Check writing
- Easy access to funds
- Online account management
- FDIC insured
High-Yield Savings Account
- 1.00% APY Rate
- No minimum balance or monthly fees
- Interest is compounded daily and paid monthly
- Free transfers and maximum of six withdrawals per month
- FDIC-insured for your peace of mind
- Easy online account management
Upromise GoalSaver Account
- 0.85% APY Rate
- No monthly fees, no minimum balance
- Save for multiple goals with 1 account
- Earn cash rewards and bonuses while saving
- 10% match*
- Family members can link their credit card to a single Upromise GoalSaver Account to accrue even more rewards
- Use funds for school, related expenses, or request a check for other purposes
- FDIC insured
*The annual match allows you to receive a 10% match on the total Upromise earnings that have been swept into your Upromise GoalSaver Account each year.
10% match requirements:
- Link your Upromise Rewards and Upromise GoalSaver Account and keep both open.
- Within 90 days of opening your Upromise GoalSaver Account, make at least one externally-funded credit/deposit transaction into your Upromise GoalSaver Account. Complete at least 10 of these credit/deposit transactions within the year.
- Within 90 days of opening your Upromise GoalSaver Account, fund your account with $5,000 or more, and maintain an average daily balance of $5,000 in your GoalSaver Account by each year’s anniversary date.
*Compare the best Savings and Money Market rates here
GoalSaver Savings $10 – $100 Bonus Promotion
Sallie Mae is having a promotion for the GoalSaver Account that will let you earn $10 every year, and $100 for keeping your account active for 3 years.
- GoalSaver Account is eligible for this offer.
- Earn $10 every year for making regular deposits. $10 Annual Bonus will post to your Upromise GoalSaver account within 60 days of the completion of each anniversary from the date your account was opened. To be eligible for the bonus each year, you must have a recurring deposit post at least 10 out of the 12 months in an amount not less than $10 each deposit and your account must be in an open status at the time of bonus posting.
- Earn a $100 bonus for keeping your account active for 3 years. $100 will post to your Upromise GoalSaver account within 60 days of the completion of the 3rd year anniversary of when your account was opened. To be eligible the Account must maintain at least $0.01 up until the day before the 3rd anniversary date, a $5,000 balance must be reached by and remain in the account on the 3rd anniversary date and the account must be in an open status at the time of bonus posting.
Certificates Of Deposit
- No monthly maintenance fee with a $2,500 minimum deposit
- Great rates and guaranteed return
*See the best CD accounts here
The Bottom Line
It’s easy to set up any of the above accounts, taking only a few minutes to complete. In order to see the most growth, be sure to link your Upromise credit card with a Upromise GoalSaver Account and be sure to take advantage of their 10% match. Be in it for the long haul, 10-15 years and you can accrue substantial funds.
As with most savings accounts, you are subject to a maximum of 6 withdrawals/ transfers.
Compare With These Savings Accounts:
- Chase Coupons: $150, $200, $350, $500 Checking & Savings Bonuses
- CIT Bank Promotions: Online Savings Account 1.35% APY Rate Offer
- Goldman Sachs Bank Savings And CD Account Promotions
- Barclays Bank Review: Savings And CD Account Offers, Promotions
- BankPurely Online Checking And Savings Account Rate Promotions, Offers
- Popular Direct Online Savings And CD Account Promotions
- Synchrony Bank Online Savings, CD, Money Market Promotions
- UFB Direct Online Savings/Money Market Offers: 1.41% APY
- SFGI Direct Online Savings Account Promotion: 1.31% APY
- Live Oak Bank Online Savings And CD Offers, Promotions
- Ally Bank Online Checking, Savings, Money Market, CDs Promotions
- Radius Bank Online Checking, Savings, CD Promotions
- PurePoint Financial Online Savings & CD Accounts Promotions, Bonuses
- Salem Five Bank Promotions: Checking, Savings, CD Bonuses
- DollarSavingsDirect Online Savings Account Special Rates