This offer from Rockland Trust Bank is for Massachusetts residents only. For bank promotions for other states, see my updated list here.
Rockland Trust is offering up to $300/year in debit rewards when you sign up for their free Eco Checking account and up to $25 for their Savings account. Get the details below.
$300 Eco Checking Offer
Rockland Trust’s Free Eco Checking account is eligible for this bonus. This Checking account option has no monthly fee and no minimum balance.
Here’s how you can get up to $300/year by using their debit rewards card:
- They will pay you 10 cents for each “eligible purchase” you make with the Debit MasterCard. Eligible Purchases are classified as those in the amounts of at least $10 where you either sign at the point of sale or input your PIN.
- These rewards are credit to your Free Eco Checking account each statement cycle.
- For every statement cycle, the rewards are capped at a max $25. The cap for the year is $300.
*This offer is only open to students entering grades 1 through 8 in the Fall of 2014.
The program is called Reading Makes Cent$, and its focus is on encouraging children to read during the summer. The plus is they’ll earn money into a savings account.
- Read your favorite books from June 16, 2014 through August 31, 2014
- Get $2.50 in a Rockland Trust savings account for each book you read (up to 10 books for a $25 max)
- Beginning June 16, 2014 pick up your reading journal at any Rockland Trust branch
- Earn credit by handing in your journal with completed summer reading to a Rockland Trust branch by September 13, 2014