Get new HSBC Bank promotions, bonuses and offers here for new Checking and Savings accounts.
Typical bonuses in the past have been for $100, $200 and up to $750 in cash.
HSBC Bank has over 200 branches throughout California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington. If you’re not a resident of one of these states, go to our Bank Promotions page for other offers you can qualify for.
They also have an online-only division offering products to customers nationwide known as HSBC Direct, often offering competitive CD rates.
Below you’ll find the current bank bonuses from HSBC.
$1000 In Referral Bonuses For You, $200 For Them
You can earn up to $1,000 in referral bonuses per calendar year, $100 – $200 per referral, when someone you refer opens a qualifying Checking account. The people you refer can also earn anywhere from a $50 bonus, up to a $500 bonus as well.
- $1000 in referral bonuses offer usually has an expiration date, but consistently renews
- Qualifying Checking accounts include the HSBC Premier, HSBC Advance, and HSBC Choice Checking accounts
- Referee can earn either a $50, $250, or $500 bonus depending on which account they choose
- Direct Deposit is not a requirement for this bonus offer
- Application triggers a Soft Pull, which does not affect your credit
How To Get Your $1000 In Cash
- To refer a friend, you must be an HSBC Premier, Advance, or Choice Checking customer.
- Log-on to Personal Internet Banking to view your Share the Experience referral page and personalized referral code.
- After you log-on to Personal Internet Banking, share your personalized referral code with friends by either:
- providing them with your personalized referral code
- printing the referral form, which contains your personalized code
- When your friend opens their new qualifying Premier, Advance, or Choice Checking account during the offer period, they simply provide the banker with your personalized referral code at account opening. For you to receive credit for the referral, the new account can be opened only in an HSBC branch or over the phone and must remain open for 15 business days.
- Your referral bonus will be deposited to your qualifying HSBC Premier, Advance, or Choice Checking account within 8 weeks of your friend’s account opening.
How Your Friend Can Earn The $50 – $500 Bonus
- Special Limited-Time Offer valid from May 1, 2017 through and including July 28, 2017; AND the new account must be fully funded by December 29, 2017 to receive the Special Limited-Time Offer.
- The individual you referred will receive a $500 referral bonus to their new qualifying HSBC Premier checking account, a $250 referral bonus to their new qualifying HSBC Advance checking account, or a $50 referral bonus to their new qualifying HSBC Choice Checking account within 8 weeks from the date their new account is fully funded.
- The qualifying new account must be opened only in a branch or over the phone.
- The individual you refer may receive a referral bonus only once and can use only one referral code at the time of account opening.
- Referral bonus is limited to one per household.
- Any prior 2017 Share the Experience referral bonus amount is final.
HSBC Online CD Accounts Specials
HSBC Bank has special Certificate of Deposit (CD) rates that are only available when opening online. The minimum deposit is $1,000 to obtain the APY rates and they have terms up to 48 months. While they do have special rates that are worth looking at from time to time, overall most of the rates are sub-par.
These rates are only good when apply online through their website. The minimum deposit is $1,000.
|Online CD Term||APY|
|We keep these rates updated daily. Always confirm current rates directly with the bank.|
As you can see from the rates above, they’re sort of all over the place depending on the CD term. With most other banks, there’s a consistent progression of higher rates for higher terms. You should only consider opening a CD with HSBC if the terms with the better rates fit your needs. Be sure to see my guide on finding the best CD rates.
The banks below generally have much better rates consistently:
- iGOBanking Review: Checking And Savings Account Promotions
- Virtual Bank Checking, Money Market, CD Promotions & Offers
- First Internet Bank Review: Checking, Savings, CD Promotions
- Barclays Bank Review: Savings And CD Accounts
- Goldman Sachs Bank Savings And CD Account Promotions
- Ally Bank Online Checking, Savings, Money Market, CDs Promotions
- First Central Savings Bank Online Money Market & CD Promotions
- Popular Direct Online Savings And CD Account Promotions
- Synchrony Bank Online Savings, CD, Money Market Promotions
- EverBank Review: Checking, Money Market, CD Promotions And Bonuses
Next Page: More Checking Account Bonuses…