Charles Schwab is a brand well-known in the investment world. Founded in 1973, this brokerage firm now holds over 2.5 trillion in total client assets. You really can’t go wrong choosing this full-service broker.
For in-depth reviews of the Charles Schwab brokerage, see these reviews:
This article will focus on the new promotions from Charles Schwab.
Schwab 500 Free Equity & Options Trades Offer
With a qualifying net deposit of $100,000, you can earn 500 commission-free online equity and options trades good for 1 year.
- 500 free trades offer has no set expiration date (can terminate at any time)
- Offer available to new and existing Schwab clients
- Enroll and make a qualifying net deposit of $100,000 in your Schwab account within 45 days for your free trades
- 500 commission-free online equity and options trades are good for an entire year
- The trades will be credited to the enrolled account within approximately one week of confirmation of your qualifying net deposit
$100 Bonus With A Referred Schwab Account:
Here are the details:
- To earn the $100 bonus, open an eligible account and make the minimum opening deposit of $1,000.
- New clients who do not have a Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (“Schwab”) account (other than a Stock Plan Services account), open an eligible retail brokerage account, and enroll in the offer can earn a $100 Bonus Award.
- The Bonus Award will be credited to the enrolled account within approximately one month of account open.
- For taxable accounts, the account must be maintained at Schwab for at least one year or Schwab may charge back the Bonus Award.
- The offer is limited to one per account, with no more than one account enrolled per client.
- Employees, contractors, or persons similarly associated with Schwab or a Schwab affiliate; their spouses; and employees of any securities regulatory organization or exchange are not eligible.
- Schwab may decline requests to enroll in the offer at its discretion.
- For taxable accounts, the value of all Schwab offers received will be reported as Other Income on your Form 1099-MISC if, when combined with Other Income earned, the value totals $600 or more during the calendar year.
Charles Schwab High Yield Investor Checking Account
*Link this Online Checking account to a brokerage account with one of the above promotions
I love traveling, and discovered I needed a better solution for ATM withdrawals overseas, and while traveling in general. The High Yield Investor Checking Account is my secret weapon now. You can use the debit card at any ATM that accepts Visa worldwide.
Now here’s the best part – Charles Schwab doesn’t charge ATM fees anywhere, and they will reimburse you for ATM fees other banks/institutions charge!
You’ll have to open up a Charles Schwab brokerage account as well, but you’ll never have to use it, deposit funds into it, or keep any kind of balance while it’s linked to the Checking account. The reps understand people open up both accounts just to use the Checking, and will ask if you even have any interest in using the Brokerage services. This Checking accounts makes it onto our list of the Best Free Checking Accounts.
Charles Schwab $500 Brokerage/IRA Bonus
This $500 bonus is available for new brokerage or IRA accounts and is tiered depending on your net deposit within the first 45 days of account oepning.
- There is no set expiration for this $500 bonus offer.
- New Brokerage and IRA accounts qualify for this offer.
- Your total cash bonus depends on net deposits as shown in the table below.
- Only net deposits new to Schwab qualify. Deposits transferred from affilates other than Schwab Retirement Plan Services are excluded.
- Net deposits are calculated on the 45th day after enrollment.
- Cash bonus amount will be credited within one week after the 45th day.
- You must maintain the net deposit amount in your Schwab account for at least one year or you may forfeit the bonus.
- Your bonus, combined with any other offers from Schwab within the last 12 months, may not exceed $5,000 per household.
|Earn Up To A $500 Bonus|
|Net Deposit||Cash Bonus|
|$10,000 – $24,999||$100|
|$25,000 – $49,999||$200|
|$50,000 – $99,999||$300|
Compare To These Brokerage Bonuses:
I currently invest via TD Ameritrade because I like their ThinkorSwim platform so much; they are very good about consistently offering sign-up bonuses. Betterment and Motif are good choices as automated investing solutions. See all current brokerage offers here.
- Best Brokerage Promotions And Bonuses November 2017
- Merrill Edge Review: $600 And Free Trades Promotions
- Best Online Brokers For Trading Stocks November 2017
- TD Ameritrade Promotions: $2500 Cash Bonus And Free Trades!
- Betterment Review 2017: New Promotions & Bonuses
- E*Trade Brokerage Promotions & Bonuses: $2,500 In Cash
- OptionsHouse (Acquired By E*Trade)
- Fidelity Promotions: $2500 Cash, 500 Free Trades, Other Offers
- Ally Invest (Formerly TradeKing) Promotions, Bonuses, Offers
- Charles Schwab Brokerage Promotions, Bonuses And Offers
- TradeStation Promotions: $1,500 In Commission Rebates!
*Check back here for new Charles Schwab promotions, bonuses and offers.