The Premier Dining Rewards card is one of the newer cash back credit card offerings from Capital One, and you can currently earn a $100 sign-up bonus with it.
As the name suggests, this card is targeted to consumers that dine out often, where the earnings rate is the highest at 3% cash back. The second highest earning category is for groceries, where you’ll earn 2% cash back. The $100 bonus is a good standard offer for a card with no annual fee. While there’s nothing groundbreaking with this card, it will come in handy for users with the intended needs.
If you travel often and dine out, you’ll be better off with other card choices that have higher earning potential for both categories of spending (the Chase Sapphire Preferred® and Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ are popular choices, but have annual fees).
If you’re mostly staying put in your hometown and eat out often, then this card may be the right fit for you. Or, perhaps you have a large family and everyone only eats organic, racking up hefty grocery spending each month.
With it not having an annual fee to worry about, the Premier Dining Rewards card will most likely fit best as a supplemental card for Dining and Grocery spending only. If you’re not spending heavy on Dining and Groceries, there are several No Annual Fee credit cards that can earn 1.5% – 2% on ALL purchases ( Barclaycard CashForwardTM World MasterCard® [1.5%], Capital One® QuickSilver® Cash Rewards [1.5%], Citi Double Cash [2%]).
Premier Dining Rewards Card $100 Bonus
A $100 sign-up bonus won’t stretch your wallet out much, but it still helps in making the decision to go for the Premier Dining Rewards card. If you’re just looking for great sign-up bonuses, see our Credit Card Bonuses page.
To earn the $100 bonus with the Premier Dining Rewards card, spend $500 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. This spending requirement should be easy to obtain if you’re considering such a card, as your Dining and Grocery spending should cover that quickly.
Ways To Meet The Spending Requirement
If for whatever reason you find yourself unable to reach that $500 spending requirement in the first 3 months (maybe you’re applying for several card bonuses?), there are a few good options.
- You can fund Checking and Savings account opening deposits with a credit card for several banks, and many of these banks offer sign-up bonuses as well. See our list of the Best Bank Bonuses here. See which banks allow credit card funding. Popular banks like Chase Bank and TD Bank have bonus offers and allow credit card funding for the opening deposit.
- You can buy gift cards with your credit card, and then use them up at a later time at your leisure. For gift card options, see our list of the Best Gift Cards.
- You can pay certain utility bills with a credit card. Expenses like your electric, cell phone, and internet services can usually be paid for with a credit card. With most providers, you can pay more than the amount due, keeping a credited balance on your account.
You can see all the popular ways of meeting credit card bonus spending requirements here.
Premier Dining Rewards Card Benefits
The 3% cash back on dining and 2% on groceries (it’s the standard 1% on all other purchases) are the obvious reasons for jumping on this card, and the cash back you earn has no maximum caps and no rotating categories to be concerned with. Your cash back will never expire, and there’s actually no minimum threshold you must reach before you can redeem your earnings.
While we think it’s best to carry a better Travel specific credit card when you’re abroad, it’s nice to know the Premier Dining Rewards card actually won’t incur any foreign transaction fees out of the country. It’s typically 3% for such spending with cards that don’t offer this perk.
Aside from these main card benefits, this card also comes with World Elite Mastercard® Benefits:
- Extended warranty protection at no charge on items that are purchased with your credit card.
- Complimentary concierge service to help with booking travel, dining reservations, locating hard-to-find items and more—24 hours a day.
- Identity Theft resolution services
- Travel upgrades and savings like complimentary room upgrades, early check-in and late check-out when available, access to a portfolio of Luxury Hotels & Resorts and more.
- Travel protection where you can be reimbursed up to $1,500 per trip for non-refundable travel expenses, if your trip is cancelled or cut short by things like sickness or injury.
- Price protection where you can get reimbursed the price difference on eligible items when you find the same item for a lower price within 60 days of purchasing it with your credit card.
What’s The Competition?
The Premier Dining Rewards card from Capital One is actually a good option for those with specific Dining and Grocery spending needs, but you’ll definitely want to take a look at some other options before making the final decision.
Travel Card Options To Consider
No Annual Fee Card Options To Consider
See These Top Pages At MoneysMyLife
- Best Bank Account Promotions And Bonuses March 2017
- Best CD Rates | Find & Compare CD Rates – March 2017
- Best Brokerage Promotions And Bonuses March 2017
- Scottrade Promotions: $2,500 Bonus Cash Offer & More
- Best Savings Accounts And High Yield Rates For March 2017
- BBVA Compass Bank Checking, Savings, CD Account Promotions
- American Express Gift Card Promotion Codes March 2017
- Barclaycard CashForward $100 Cash Bonus [Cash Back Credit Card]
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus 50,000 Bonus Miles ($525 Value)
- Chase $150 – $350 Checking & Savings Coupon Bonuses When Opening
- TD Ameritrade Promotions: $2500 Cash Bonus And Free Trades!
- TD Bank Bonus For Checking & Savings Accounts: $100 To $400 Cash
- New Betterment Promotions & Bonuses For Free Service & More
- Chase Total Checking Account $200 Coupon Bonus, March 2017
- Best Credit Card Sign-Up Bonus Offers, Promotions – March 2017