This content is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of the issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer. You can trust that we maintain strict editorial integrity, and we do not earn a commission of any of the credit cards on this page. To reiterate this fact, you won’t find any links to the offers below, as they can all be found on the issuers’ websites.
Credit card sign-up bonus offers are a great way to earn hundreds of dollar’s (sometimes thousands) worth of cash, points and miles. Many times the best deals are only available for a limited time, so we’ve decided to keep track of them on this page.
The biggest bonus values usually are available with personal and business travel credit cards. Many great promotions come from airline or hotel-branded cards, but many can be had with general travel cards for flexibility in redemption.
For those who prefer the simplicity of receiving straight cash back, there are many credit cards with awesome sign-up cash bonuses as well.
If you are new to credit card bonuses, every offer will require various requirements within a specified amount of time to earn the bonus. Typically this will be a set minimum amount you must spend on purchases within the first initial months of account opening.
For points and miles bonuses, you will have the option to redeem for statement credits, travel, gift cards, or other rewards depending on the program associated with that card. It’s important to know the value you’re getting with these points/miles, so we’ve added some insight into what you can expect they’re worth.
Below is our round-up of all the best current sign-up bonuses available from all card issuers.
Best Overall Credit Card Bonus Offers
The most important criteria for credit cards on this list is the value of the bonus offered. Secondly, we look at the earning potential of the card in determining its ongoing usefulness for the user and whether it’s worth keeping around. We’ve picked a few of the best promotions for each category of card with no bias towards a particular card issuer.
Credit Card Bonuses For Flexible Travel
Here you’ll find the best card bonuses for travelers who don’t want to be tied down to a particular airline or hotel network. Airline and hotel branded travel cards have additional features specific to that brand, but general travel cards provide much needed flexibility for most travelers.
Cash Back Credit Cards With Cash Bonuses
Cash back credit cards are for customers who don’t travel often, or who prefer the simplicity of earning straight cash back – eliminating the need to consider redemption options. Typically, the maximum bonus value will be less with cash bonuses as compared to points/miles bonuses. Cash back credit cards often make better everyday spending options, as they’re not tied down to travel related categories for maximum earnings.
Also See These Popular Pages At MoneysMyLife:
- Best Bank Account Bonuses And Promotions In December
- American Express Gift Card Promotion Code December 2016
- Best CD Rates | Find & Compare CD Rates – December 2016
- TD Ameritrade Promotions: $2500 Cash Bonus And Free Trades!
- Best Brokerage Promotions And Bonuses December 2016
- Best Credit Card Sign-Up Bonus Offers, Promotions – Dec ’16
- Best Savings Accounts & Money Market Accounts, December 2016
- Chase Total Checking Account $200 Coupon Bonus, Promo Code
- Chase $150 – $350 Checking & Savings Coupon Bonuses When Opening
- The Best Gift Cards For 2016 And How To Save Money On Them
- TD Bank Promotion: $150 & $300 Checking Account Bonuses
- Scottrade Promotions: $2,000 Bonus Cash Offer & More
- Discover Online Savings & Money Market Promotions, Offers
- OptionsHouse Brokerage Promotions: $1,000 In Free Trades
- Northpointe Bank Review: $50 Bonus And 5% APY Checking!