Read about all current U.S. Bank Checking and Savings account promotions here.
Offers change throughout the year, but typical past bonuses have been for $100, $150, $200, $300, etc.
Established in 1863, U.S. Bank has branch locations in the following states: AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NM, NV, OH, OR, SD, TN, TX, UT, WA, WI, and WY. They are the 4th largest bank in the nation when ranked by the number of branches, with over 3,200 locations.
US Bank Targeted Checking Promotion
US Bank is sending out bonus offers to targeted markets and individuals via letter or email, so if you haven’t gotten an offer you’ll have to reach out to a banker to see if you can get a promo code to enter into the online application process.
- Promotion Link: U.S. Bank Bonus Page
- Expiration: None Stated
- Bonus Amount: Variable depending on letter/email offer
- Competitor Bonus:
- Account(s) Eligible: Easy, Silver, Gold, Premium, Platinum Checking
- Availability: Nationwide
- Hard/Soft Inquiry: Soft
- Opening Deposit Credit Card Funding Eligibility: Up to $500
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Recurring $500 within 60 days
- Direct Deposit Alternatives: ACH, Alliant, Paypal
- Minimum Opening Deposit: $25
- Bonus Requirements:
- Open an eligible Checking account by the bonus expiration date on your letter/email with a minimum opening deposit of $25.
- Set up a recurring Direct Deposit within 60 days of account opening.
- Be sure to use the promotion code listed on your offer
US Bank $200 Personal Checking Bonus
You can earn a $200 bonus when you open a new personal Silver, Gold, or Platinum Checking account with this offer.
- $200 Offer set to expired on 08/21/2017
- Eligible accounts include the U.S. Bank Silver, Gold or Platinum Checking package
- Direct Deposit is an optional requirement for this offer
- Enter in your email address or mobile number on the offer page to receive your promotion code
- This offer is available nationwide
- Account application will trigger a Soft pull, which does not affect your credit
- You can fund the opening deposit with a credit card up to $500
- Monthly Fee can be waived
- Minimum opening deposit is $25
How To Earn The $200 Checking Bonus
- Enter in your email address or mobile number at the offer page to receive your promotion code.
- Present your promotion code to a branch or 24-Hour phone banker or enter it online at account opening.
- You must complete one or more recurring direct deposits totaling at least $500 OR complete two or more U.S. Bank Bill Pay transactions of $25 each or more (you are responsible to ensure sufficient funds are deposited to cover bill payments and enrollment in Online and/or Mobile banking is required) within 60 days of account opening.
- If you choose the Direct Deposit option, reports have shown that alternatives such as ACH, Alliant, and PayPal will trigger the requirement.
- The checking account bonus will be deposited into your new consumer checking account within 60 days of direct deposit or Bill Pay verification, as long as your account is open.
- Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Offer may not be combined with any other checking account bonus offers.
- Offer is not valid if you have an existing U.S. Bank consumer checking account, had a U.S. Bank consumer checking account in the last six months, or received other U.S. Bank bonus offers within the past six months.
- Current U.S. Bank employees are not eligible.
Waive The Monthly Fees
Choose your preferred Checking account option to see how to waive the Monthly Fee.
The Monthly Fee is $8.95 with paper statements and $6.95 with online statements. Waive this fee by meeting these requirements:
- With online statements, AND
- A Package Money Market Savings account, AND
- Monthly direct deposits of at least $1,000 OR a combined average deposit balance of $1,500
The Monthly Fee is $12.95 with paper statements and $10.95 with online statements. Waive this fee by meeting these requirements:
- With online statements, AND
- A U.S. Bank personal loan, line OR credit card
The Monthly Fee is $19.95 with paper statements and $17.95 with online statements. Waive this fee by meeting these requirements:
- With online statements, AND
- $25,000 in combined personal deposits, investments and/or credit balances, OR
- A relationship with U.S. Bank Trust Services
U.S. Bank promotions that are available online don’t run year-round, so it’s good to take advantage of them when you can. This $200 offer from US Bank is a good one to jump on if you live near a branch. Be sure to see all the updated Bank Promotions here.
US Bank START Smart Savings $100 Bonus
US Bank is currently promoting their START Smart Savings program with a $100 bonus.
- First, open a new Silver Checking Package.
- Then, link it with a Package Money Market Savings account.
- Enroll in the START Smart program.
- Transfer money from your Silver Checking Package to your Package Money Market Savings account each month.
- Once you’ve transferred/saved at least $500, you’ll earn the $50 bonus. You must do this within 12 months of enrollment.
- For the additional $50 bonus, use your debit card for gas and grocery purchases. You’re earning 1% on Gas and Groceries with the debit card.
- Your $50 START Smart program bonus and the 1% bonus (up to another $50) will be deposited into your Package Money Market Savings account the first business day occurring after 12 months of enrollment.
- Promotion Link: $100 Savings Promotion
- U.S. Bank START Smart Savings Program – Enrollment is required within 90 days of account opening
- You must be a new customer with a new personal Silver Checking Package and a new or existing Package Money Market Savings account
- Additionally, at least one owner name on the Silver Checking Package must also be on the Package Money Market Savings account
- A qualifying transfer from your Silver Checking Package to your Package Money Market Savings account must be scheduled during enrollment
- To be paid the goal reward and/or bonus, both the associated Silver Checking Package and Package Money Market Savings account must remain open through the program end date, which is 12 months after the enrollment date
- A minimum opening deposit of $25 per account is required and all regular account-opening procedures apply
More Top Bank Bonuses:
- SunTrust Bank Review: $100 To $300 Personal & Business Bonuses
- TD Bank Bonus For Checking Accounts: $150 To $300 Cash
- Chase Coupons: $150, $200, $350, $500 Checking & Savings Bonuses
- Regions Bank Review: $50, $150, $200,$250,$300 Bonuses
- CIT Bank Promotions: Online Savings Account 1.35% APY Rate Offer
- Chase Bank Business Checking Promotions: $200 Sign-Up Bonus
- Chase Total Checking Account $200 Coupon Available Online
- Chase Premier Plus Checking℠ Review: $300 Coupon Bonus
- PNC Bank Promotions: $50 To $300 Checking, Savings, Business Bonuses
- KeyBank Promotions: $100, $200, $300 Checking Bonuses
- Santander Bank Review: $150 Personal Checking Account Bonus
- Fifth Third Bank Promotions: $200 Checking Account Bonus
- BBVA Compass Bank Checking, Savings, CD Account Promotions
- Bank Of America Promotions: $100, $150, $200, $250, $300…
Check back at this page for new U.S. Bank promotions and bonuses!