Find updated Discover Bank Checking, Savings, CD and IRA promotions and bonuses here. *All current bank offers can be found here.
Discover Bank is an online-only bank and has no retail branches. They are able to offer better rates by operating their banking services online. Their line of deposit accounts include Savings, Checking, Money Market, CD, and IRA CD accounts. Discover Bank originally began when it acquired the Greenwood Trust Company in 1985 and is also now headquartered in Greenwood, Delaware.
We’ll review current offers below.
Discover Bank $150 & $200 Savings Bonus
You can earn either a $150 or $200 bonus for a new Discover Bank Online Savings account with this offer. The bonus amount will be determined by your deposit amount.
- $150/$200 bonus offers expire 12/18/2017
- Offer available online nationwide
- Direct Deposit is not a requirement
- Application will trigger a Soft Pull, which does not affect your credit
- There are no monthly fees with this account
- No minimum deposit required to open an account
How To Get The $150 Or $200 Bonus
- Open a new Discover Online Savings Account by 12/18/2017. Enter offer code SN17 when applying.
- Make a qualifying deposit into your account by 01/02/2018.
- For the $150 bonus:
- Deposit a total of at least $15,000
- For the $200 bonus:
- Deposit a total of at least $25,000
- Offer not valid for existing or prior Discover savings customers.
- Account must be open when bonus is credited.
- Bonus will be credited to the account by 01/16/18.
- Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- Offer may be modified/withdrawn without notice.
About The Savings Account
Online Savings Account Current Rate: 1.20% APY
Not only will you get a better rate than just about all the major traditional banks, the rate applies to ALL balances rather than being tiered.
Discover is a very well known bank and will be a reliable place to invest your savings.
New accounts have no minimum balance to open and there are no ongoing monthly minimums or maintenance fees that you typically find with your local banks.
You’ll have to do all money transfers online. While there are several options for this process, the easiest is to link your current Checking account to your Discover Online Savings account and transfer that way.
To avoid fees, be sure to keep within 6 money transfers per billing cycle. All of the following are categorized as money transfers:
|ACH Transfer||Online Transfers|
|Funds transfers to an internal/external account||Phone Transfers|
|Wire Transfers||Transfers to repay loans at Discover|
Compare With These Top Savings Accounts:
The CIT Bank High Yield Savings , Salem Five Direct Savings and Popular Direct Savings all tend to offer top rates. Chase Bank also has an even better cash bonus on their Savings account. Visit our Savings/Money Market Rates Page here. Get great rates on Savings accounts from the banks below.
- Synchrony Bank Online Savings, CD, Money Market Promotions
- Chase Coupons: $150, $200, $350, $500 Checking & Savings Bonuses
- Salem Five Bank Promotions: Checking, Savings, CD Bonuses
- CIT Bank Promotions: Online Savings Account 1.35% APY Rate Offer
- Popular Direct Online Savings And CD Account Promotions
- Live Oak Bank Online Savings And CD Offers, Promotions
- PurePoint Financial Online Savings & CD Accounts Promotions, Bonuses
- Radius Bank Online Checking, Savings, CD Promotions
- DollarSavingsDirect Online Savings & CD Account Promotions, Offers
- Ally Bank Online Checking, Savings, Money Market, CDs Promotions
- Barclays Bank Review: Savings And CD Account Offers, Promotions
- Goldman Sachs Bank Savings And CD Account Promotions
- BankPurely Online Checking And Savings Account Rate Promotions, Offers
- UFB Direct Online Savings/Money Market Offers: 1.41% APY
- SFGI Direct Online Savings Account Promotion: 1.31% APY
Discover Bank Checking $120 In Yearly Cash Back
The Discover Cashback Checking account is a great option if you’re looking into Online Checking accounts, which essentially is also considered a Free Checking account. One of the ways this account sets itself apart from competitors is by allowing you to earn up to $120 a year in cash back.
It’s also one of the best accounts for low-fee ATM debit card use internationally.
This isn’t like the other sign-up bank promotions available, but rather an extra perk for an already superb Checking account.
If you’re wondering about convenience of accessing your cash, you’ll have over 60,000 ATM locations which are free. These ATMs are scattered throughout the country at popular drug stores, convenience stores, grocery stores, etc., such as CVS, Walgreens, Tom Thumb, Target, 7-Eleven and many others.
How It Works
You get a 10 cent bonus every time you do one of the following, up to $10/month ($120/year):
- Make a debit card purchase
- Pay a bill online
- Write a check
These are basic activities you’ll be doing with any other Checking account, only you’ll get paid for doing them with this Discover Checking. You have the option of keeping your earned bonuses in your Cashback Checking account, or you can transfer the bonuses to your Discover credit card.
Next Page: CD, Money Market, IRA Offers…