Periodically throughout the year Citibank will have new Checking and Savings account promotions for free bonus money.
These bonus offers are often available for both personal and business accounts.
The typical bonus amounts include $250, $300, $400, $500 and sometimes up to $1,000. While the Chase Bank bonuses are typically more popular, these offers from Citi are very competitive for people with the cash available to qualify for the bonus. This is because Direct Deposit is oftentimes not required!
The following accounts options are usually the ones with bonus offers:
- Citigold Interest Checking (personal)
- Citibank Savings Plus Account (personal)
- Citibank Account Package w/ Regular Checking Account (personal)
- Citi Business Checking (business)
You’ll find Citibank branches across the following states: CA, CT, DC, DE, FL, IL, MA, MD, NJ, NV, NY, PA, SD, TX and VA.
Citi Checking accounts have reportedly been some of the best for low-fee ATM usage overseas.
$300 Citi Checking Bonus
The previous $400 bonus offer from Citi has changed to a $300 bonus when you open a new account in The Citibank Account Package and meet he requirements. The offer details have changed for this updated offer as noted below. While direct deposit isn’t a requirement for this offer, you do have to have $15,000 to set aside for the deposit requirement.
How To Get Your $300 Bonus
- Open a new personal checking account in The Citibank Account Package.
- Within 45 days after account opening you must complete the following:
- Make 1 qualifying Direct Deposit to your new checking account, OR make 1 or more qualifying purchase transactions with your new Citibank Debit Card totaling $250 or more.
- Make a qualifying deposit of $15,000 or more in new to Citibank funds into the new checking account or a new or existing Citibank Savings Plus Account and maintain a minimum balance of $15,000 for 30 consecutive calendar days following the date you made your qualifying deposit.
Waive The Monthly Fee
- The $25 Monthly Service Fee can be waived if you have $10,000 in combined average monthly balances
- Also, ATM fees for use of non-Citibank ATM’s is also waived if the combined average monthly balances in eligible linked accounts are met
While direct deposit isn’t required for this promotion, the cash deposit amount is quite high at $15,000. Previously, Citi only offered these Checking account bonuses for their Citigold Account Package, which had very high balance requirements to waive the monthly fee. Now that the Citibank Account Package (with lower balance requirements) is also eligible for this offer, it definitely opens things up for more of us.
Citi Checking Package 10K To 50K ThankYou Points Bonus
This is a targeted offer for Citi cardmembers that have an existing ThankYou Member Account with their Citi credit card. You can earn up to 50,000 bonus ThankYou points.
The special offer code is 442D2KLPWP.
*After clicking on the link and entering the promo code, click on “Promotion Disclosures” on the left hand side to see the promotion details.
- Expiration: Expired 06/30/2016
- Bonus Amount: Up to 50,000 ThankYou Points
- Competitor Bonuses:
- Account(s) Eligible: Citigold, Citibank, Basic banking Packages
- Availability: Nationwide
- Hard/Soft Inquiry: Soft
- Opening Deposit Credit Card Funding Eligibility: No
- Direct Deposit Requirement: None
- Monthly Service Fee: $30 Citigold Fee, waived with $50,000 monthly balance.
- Bonus Requirements: Within 60 days after account opening, you must do the following:
- Make at least 1 qualifying bill payment for 2 consecutive calendar months
The Checking account type that you choose will determine the amount of bonus points you’ll receive.
- Regular Checking account in The Citigold Account Package: 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points
- Regular Checking account in The Citibank Account Package: 20,000 bonus ThankYou Points
- Regular Checking account in The Basic Banking Package: 10,000 bonus ThankYou Points
Points will be credited to your existing ThankYou Member account within 90 days from the date when you completed all offer requirements.
Be sure to read the Terms and Conditions on the “Promotion Disclosures” page for all the details!
Next Page: More Citibank Promotions…