- Editor Rating
- Capital One Quicksilver Bonus
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- PopularityEditor: 90%
- ValueEditor: 85%
Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card is offering a $100 cash bonus once you spend $500 on purchases within the first 3 months.
The spending requirement is low and the bonus offer, along with the ongoing 1.5% cash back rate, puts this on our best credit card bonuses list.
We’ll review the bonus offer below.
Capital One® Quicksilver® $100 Bonus
The $100 bonus is pretty standard for an offer from a no annual fee cash back credit card. Spending at least $500 on purchases within 3 months is also standard to ask.
What sets this card apart, similar to the Barclaycard CashForwardTM card, is the 1.5% cash back rate on every purchase with no limit on how much you can earn. There are no categories to keep track of like with the Chase Freedom® card. You also don’t have to wait until you reach a specific amount of rewards to redeem them. You can redeem when you earn $1 if you so wish.
Redeeming is easy via statement credits, mailed checks, or gift cards.
You do get a 0% introductory APR on both Purchases and Balance Transfers, but the period is shorter than many competitors at just 9 months.
With the unlimited 1.5% cash back rate, the Capital One® Quicksilver® card is a great option for users who don’t spend much each month on credit cards, and for those who like the simplicity of no category spending to keep track of. For big credit card spenders that can offset an annual fee, there are other cards that earn a better rate. You may choose to use this card for everyday spending in conjunction with a category spending card to maximize returns.
Having no foreign transaction fees also makes this a good carry option for overseas travelers.
Earning The $100 Bonus
Spending $500 in three months should be fairly straightforward for most users, as everyday spending on gas, groceries, dining, and shopping will usually do the trick. But, if you’re applying for more than one card bonus or you’d just like some ideas, we’ve got them for you.
You can find all of the following strategies and more at our Credit Card Spending Requirement Page.
- Bank Bonuses. For savvy bonus seekers, funding Checking and Savings accounts with a credit card for sign-up bonuses is a great way to maximize earnings. Put a plan together and you could see yourself earning thousands in bonuses every year. Be sure to use our help pages to see which banks allow credit card funding and which ones are currently offering bonuses.
- Taxes. This option is going to incur processing fees, but you can pay off your Income taxes and Property taxes with a credit card (if it isn’t already billed to your mortgage).
- Bills You Didn’t Know Were An Option. Most people with mortgages and even renters have their monthly payments deducted directly from their bank accounts. There are actually third party services that will pay these bills on your behalf. You pay them with a credit card, and they will send a check off. You’ll have to weigh in the typically 2.5% fee involved. Plastiq.com and TIO.com are common providers; use our guide for more info.
Use our guide linked above for all the common ways experienced users meet these requirements.
What’s The Competition?
Top competitor’s of the Quicksilver card with bonus offers and no annual fee include:
The Barclaycard CashForwardTM:
The Chase Freedom®:
And, The Citi Double Cash:
See More From MoneysMyLife:
- Barclaycard CashForward $200 Cash Bonus [Cash Back Credit Card]
- TD Ameritrade Promotions: $2500 Cash Bonus And Free Trades!
- Best Bank Account Promotions And Bonuses April 2017
- Chase $150 – $350 Checking & Savings Coupon Bonuses When Opening
- American Express Gift Card Promotion Codes April 2017
- Best CD Rates | Find & Compare CD Rates – April 2017
- Best Savings Accounts And High Yield Rates For April 2017
- TD Bank Bonus For Checking Accounts: $150 To $300 Cash
- Chase Total Checking Account $200 Coupon Bonus, April 2017
- Motif Investing Review: $100 And $150 Bonus Promotions