While I typically like using Priceline.com for booking vacation packages (hotel/flight/car) because I earn great rewards with my Priceline credit card, sometimes I like checking out Hotels.com when I’m only looking to book a hotel stay.
If you haven’t checked out Hotels.com yet, they have a really cool feature called Welcome Rewards that lets you earn 1 free hotel night when you stay 10 nights at eligible hotels. Whenever I’ve booked in the past, it seems like all the major popular hotels are on the eligible list. You’ll see the “Welcome Rewards” icon displayed in the hotel listing indicating that it’s eligible for the program.
Assuming you do a decent amount of traveling, 10 nights can rack up pretty quick.
Here’s how the free night works:
They calculate the average value of all the 10 nights that you’ve collected, and you get to use that value towards a free night stay. If you choose a room that costs more than that average value, you’ll pay the difference.
How Are The Prices On Hotels.com?
The thing I like about Priceline.com is their Express Deals and Name Your Own Price options (you can get the latest Priceline.com hotel coupons here). However, when you’re strictly looking to book the exact hotel that you want, the listings seem to be identical almost all the time.
Here’s an example of a hotel search I did for a Las Vegas trip:
As you can see from this example, the price per night is identical.
So, when you’re looking to book the exact hotel that you want, I’d definitely check out using Hotels.com because you’ll get to rack up the 10 nights to get 1 free. As in the example above, when the hotel is eligible you’ll see the “Welcome Rewards” icon in the listing.
Another big advantage Hotels.com has over Priceline.com is that there are considerably more customer reviews at Hotels.com to get the insider scoop on hotel details.
Newest Hotels.com Coupons And Promotions
*Updated 08/20/2014: They have a private sale going on for email subscribers and Facebook fans. Click on the “Access Deals” below for the offer page:
- Save $30 off $300 minimum spend with code LABORDAY30. Book by 8/31/14, Travel by 12/31/14. Apply code here.
- Hotels.com Weekly Last Minute Deal: Hotels in Chicago from $50! Book by 9/7/14, Travel by 9/7/14. Offer here.
- Hotels.com Weekly Last Minute Deal: 3 Star Hotels in San Francisco from $159! Book by 9/7/14, Travel by 9/7/14. Offer here.
- Hotels.com Weekly Deal: Awaken your taste buds during Orlando’s Magical Dining Month! Book your hotel today to grab a great deal before they are gone! Book by 9/30/14, Travel by 9/30/14. Offer here.
- Hotels.com Weekly Deal: Don’t miss the Boston Calling Music Festival! Book by 9/7/14, Travel by 9/7/14. Offer here.
- Labor Day Sale – Save up to 30%. Book by 9/1/14, Travel by 9/8/14. Offer here.
- Get $100 Rebate with a 12-Night Booking at Hotels.com with the code REBATES14! Details here.
- 10% Off at Hotels.com with OCTOBER10OFF or NEWHOTEL! Book by 10/14, Travel by 12/31. Offer here.
- 10% off on newly-added hotels here.
- Special pricing on last minute deals here.
- Find great deals with the Special Deal Finder.
- Find your perfect getaway with the Luxeclusive Sale.
- Save up to 50% with our hotel deal of the day.
- Beach Destinations: Time For Sun, Surf and Sand?Book Your Beach Getaway!
- Hotels.com Weekly Deal: Head to Atlanta to watch the Chick-fil-A Kickoff game this weekend! Book by 8/30/14, Travel by 8/30/14
- Hotels.com Weekly Deal: Get pampered for less during Spa Chic in Fort Lauderdale! Book by 9/30/14, Travel by 9/30/14
- Hotels.com Weekly Deal: Book now to attend Miami Spice, Miami’s mouth-watering restaurant showcase that features the very best of Miami cuisine! Book by 9/30/14, Travel by 9/30/14
Expired Hotels.com Promotions You Can Try
- Save 10% on select hotels with the code AUG1410OFFUS. Book by 8/24/14, Travel by 10/26/14.
- Existing customers can save 5% on select hotels with the code EXT5OFF814US.
- New customers can save 10% on select hotels with the code NEW10OFF814US.
- Save 5% on select hotels with the code 14AUG5OFFUS.
- Special $50 coupon for Las Vegas hotels with qualifying spend of $300 or more with code SINCITY.
|Finding The Perfect Travel Rewards Credit Card|
|For frequent travelers, getting the right Travel Credit Card is important in maximizing your rewards. Travel Credit Cards are going to earn you miles and points specific to your needs. Find your Travel Credit Card here.|